Where do I find an eBay order Number?

Does anyone know where I find an eBay order number? I've looked everywhere and have been asked for one by Shippo for a sold item that doesn't show up and I need to ship. I did notice that Shippo does show an eBay number when you access their site under Orders but I have never seen one before. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Did you try using the Item Number of the item sold?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Yes I did, but i checked another item and Shippo's eBay order number isn't the same as the item number or the PayPal transaction number. If they need that number to check items we need to be shown it too.

i haven't yet been able to use Shippo to buy a Small Pkt label, there always seems to be a problem. Well, the first time I had no problem, since then just frustrating and I give up and use Snap Ship.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hmmm. Have you tired calling Shippo's tech support? Could there be something wrong with the ebay purchase? 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I've been conversing with Shippo, they have sent my problem to their tech people for investigation. I can always buy a label from CP  but was hoping Shippo would work this time.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

In other words, by the time Shippo figures out what the problem might be, it'll be too late for you to use Shippo for this order. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I can't find any numbers on ebay or paypal similar to the transaction numbers on Shippo.  They must generate those numbers there??

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I can't find any numbers on ebay or paypal similar to the transaction numbers on Shippo.  They must generate those numbers there??

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
I can't find any numbers on ebay or paypal similar to the transaction numbers on Shippo. They must generate those numbers there??
No, I think eBay generates them. I found it by hovering my mouse over "Print Shipping Label" in My EBay Sold page and it shows up in light grey words at the bottom of the screen. Once shipped, that info disappears.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
I can't find any numbers on ebay or paypal similar to the transaction numbers on Shippo. They must generate those numbers there??
No, I think eBay generates them. I found it by hovering my mouse over "Print Shipping Label" in My EBay Sold page and it shows up in light grey words at the bottom of the screen. Once shipped, that info disappears.

Does the number you found with the mouse over correspond to the Transaction ID field value? You can get the Transaction ID value from a CSV extract from the Sold sections in Selling Manager (click the relevant transactions then other action --> download).

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

@msmaggie060 wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Does the number you found with the mouse over correspond to the Transaction ID field value? You can get the Transaction ID value from a CSV extract from the Sold sections in Selling Manager (click the relevant transactions then other action -->

Sorry, you're talking techno-gibberish to me. Never have figured out CSV files exactly or extracts (whatever they are). And what is a field value? Obviously I haven't kept up with stuff since I retired, eBay has probably fried my brain. 😒 I was pretty good at dos though!😀

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

@hlmacdon wrote:

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Sorry, you're talking techno-gibberish to me. Never have figured out CSV files exactly or extracts (whatever they are). And what is a field value? Obviously I haven't kept up with stuff since I retired, eBay has probably fried my brain. 😒 I was pretty good at dos though!😀

If you follow the link I mention, it will allow you to download a csv file, which is basically a bunch of data that can be viewed in a program like excel that can translate the data it into rows and columns. The CSV is just a format where those values have a character (comma) between them so excel or another program knows how to separate the data to reassemble it into rows and columns.

In this case the CSV contains a summary of a bunch of the details related to your transactions. The columns have headers to identify the data within so you know what you are looking at. If you don't use excel there are various free CSV viewers that can be downloaded or programs like open office. I use the CSVs myself for generating order pick sheets on busier days.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thanks mac, I have only used the CSV files for moving around files within Turbo Lister. Never really took a good look at the file itself. I think I need a teenager to give me an up to date course in the lastest computer stuff. I just found out that my granddaughter who is going into grade 3 has to have her own Chromebook for school this year. Thank goodness my daughter didn't have triplets!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Thanks mac, I have only used the CSV files for moving around files within Turbo Lister. Never really took a good look at the file itself. I think I need a teenager to give me an up to date course in the lastest computer stuff. I just found out that my granddaughter who is going into grade 3 has to have her own Chromebook for school this year. Thank goodness my daughter didn't have triplets!

Schools run amok...It's worth brushing up on CSV/excel as you can do a lot of great things with your data. Don't forget you get a lot of sales data out of paypal as well via CSV files. Makes it easier at year end when doing taxes.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply