Why payouts take so long

I am set up for daily payouts , but that is not whats happening. This happening to anyone else?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Why payouts take so long

Us too it takes awhile, with CIBC US it took us 1-2 business days for it to appear on our account (after the email message of a payout by eBay). With RBC it took 1 business day to appear in our US account.

Idea

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

Are your daily payments not showing as accepted by MP for days?

PP was willing to "front" clients with payments they received from PP balances and from credit cards (but not "e-cheques" from bank balances). MP will not do that and there always is a lag of a few days.

Or do you mean your bank transfers are slow?

When I transfer money from my (last remaining) PP account to my bank, PP warns me that this can take 4-5 days, but I can pay a fee for same day transfer.

Not sure how that works.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

Daily payout doesn't mean that you will get your payment the next day or that you will get a payment every day.  It means that once the payment has been processed and is ready to be put into your account, it will  be deposited into your account.   But depending on the buyers payment method  and depending on your bank transfer speed...it may take a few days.  Also, the payments are not processed on the weekend.

If you choose weekly payout...that means that even if a payout is ready to be deposited into your account, they will wait and on Tuesday, they will deposit everything at one time.  Most sellers seem to prefer that method from an accounting standpoint.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

byto253
Community Member

My weekly Tuesday payout to a US$ account shows up by Thursday morning.  Paypal takes a couple of days as well to show up.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

@2012sincity wrote:

I am set up for daily payouts , but that is not whats happening. This happening to anyone else?

You need to really study the information on the Payments Tab to see and understand the process such as:

• "daily" means Monday to Friday
  • Payments will sit in "processing status" for 12 - 36 hours (in most cases)
  • Payments made on Friday, Saturday & Sunday are not processed until Monday
  • Transfer time from eBay to your bank vary, I use Simplii, payouts are in my account the same day usually about 5:00pm
  • Payment for sales made late in the day on Thursday may not be available until the Monday Payout.

Once you understand the schedule you can plan things based on that. I have rarely seen any deviation in the pattern in the 9 months I've been on MP on my primary selling accounts.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

I have to give TD credit, they are fast, Paypal was always same day, my MP was same day as well. (my MP is weekly)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

@recped wrote:

@2012sincity wrote:

You need to really study the information on the Payments Tab to see and understand the process such as:

• "daily" means Monday to Friday
  • Payments will sit in "processing status" for 12 - 36 hours (in most cases)
  • Payments made on Friday, Saturday & Sunday are not processed until Monday
  • Transfer time from eBay to your bank vary, I use Simplii, payouts are in my account the same day usually about 5:00pm
  • Payment for sales made late in the day on Thursday may not be available until the Monday Payout.

Once you understand the schedule you can plan things based on that. I have rarely seen any deviation in the pattern in the 9 months I've been on MP on my primary selling accounts.

According to the last time a holiday fell on the Monday, that upcoming Tuesday weekly deposit gets bumped to the following week. You can always change to daily and switch back to weekly if you need funds ASAP.

Feeding PayPal with funds takes exactly 8 business days. Transfers from PayPal to Royal Bank are usually a day or 2 at most.(Free)

-Lotz

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:
According to the last time a holiday fell on the Monday, that upcoming Tuesday weekly deposit gets bumped to the following week. You can always change to daily and switch back to weekly if you need funds ASAP.

The Tuesday payout does not get bumped to the next week when there is a holiday.

Any items that normally would become available on Monday get bumped to Tuesday (if  Monday is a holiday) and are not included in that Tuesday's payout.

-;-

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

The Tuesday payout does not get bumped to the next week when there is a holiday.

Any items that normally would become available on Monday get bumped to Tuesday (if  Monday is a holiday) and are not included in that Tuesday's payout.

-;-

For the Alberta May 24th holiday either there was an email stating that if you did weekly payouts it would show up the following week or a note at the top of the payouts page.

See attached.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Payments/Weekly-vs-Daily-Payouts-MP/m-p/459608

-Lotz

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

For the Alberta May 24th holiday either there was an email stating that if you did weekly payouts it would show up the following week or a note at the top of the payouts page.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Payments/Weekly-vs-Daily-Payouts-MP/m-p/459608

Read that again -- the Tuesday weekly payout was NOT delayed to the next week because of the holiday. Just the sales that would normally be available on Monday. 

-.-

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Why payouts take so long

I thought by choosing daily deposits means deposits would be daily, but it seems weekly. Im guessing there maybe a cut off day where any purchases made would be caried over . Even if completed. Pay Pal was far better in this area . Your money was available for transfer when you wanted it. 

Ebay should have allowed seller the same option.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply