Your thoughts? Has the search algorithm changed? are your listings not showing as well?

Hi there, just want to get input from Canadian sellers.

I noticed that some listing are not populating, have you notice changes to your sales, is the algorithm changed since the new updated?

Thanks for your input! 😄

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your thoughts? Has the search algorithm changed? are your listings not showing as well?

The number of views per listing cycle has been declining.  What exactly has changed is uncertain, could be all sorts of things. All I know for sure is that there are fewer views than there were a year ago.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I don't think the general answers you get here will help you.

If I tell you mine are fine (which they are), they don't mean much to you because you and I sell very different things (I sell postage stamps).

When I have worries about my own visibility I:

-check competitors selling the same thing to see if their stuff is selling

-check the category to see if the same stuff is selling (and at what price)

-check competitors to see how they are selling compared to me (what I can I do to make myself look different)

Then I experiment with things I haven't tried before, like promoted listings, sales, item start times etc until I find something what works.

It looks like you are selling material that has a lot of competition.

I would say that the volume of negative/neutral feedbacks you've received with no response from you would disuade me from purchasing from you. That wouldn't stop views though.

If you have other measures that are not doing well like defects, slow shipping, those will negatively affect your view rate.

I'm not meaning to be negative here, I'm just presenting my thoughts on the things that might affect your visibility and that you can do to help improve it. My thoughts might not be correct, I don't think anyone really understands how the visibility model works, I sure wish I did!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, 99.4% feedback in electronic is a lot better than most competitors.

I believe eBay maybe cracking down on text in listing main images, as it's been tolerated for a long time but I will need to continue testing. Regards

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi WSD, re the 99.4% there you go, a good example of how what makes sense to me in my world might not make sense in your world.

Re the text, yes that would be a good thing to experiment with, the "bots" may be making the items less visible if they are identifying the issue.....
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

EBay ignores feedback when evaluating seller accounts, but a future customer, sophisticated enough to read those negs and neutrals would notice a pattern of complaints about poor communication. 

Responding to complaints before feedback is left could stop those lost customers.

EBay does pay attention to Disputes. We cannot see the number or results of Disputes, but if you have been ignoring them or allowing eBay to force refunds rather than responding promptly, you will see Defects on your Seller  Summary.

EBay will respond to Defects by raising FVF, restricting the number and value of listings, and lowering the seller's placement in Search.

Only you can see those Defects but they still have an effect on your Views.

Your feedback also indicates that certain specific products were flimsy and cheap. If you don't have a lot invested in them, you could just stop selling them.

Or open another account, and sell them off at a lower price just to get rid.

Since you have two different locations that I noticed for your shipping location , I presume you are dropshipping.  This will make it easier to stop selling the products that are garnering poor feedback and Disputes.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply