'Zero insertion fees on up to 1,000 fixed price listings! Pay no insertion fees on up to 1,000 ...'

And, boom! Suddenly there it was in a place I look every day but had apparently not seen for three days. Now activated. This is the first time in many, many months and probably two dozen different promos passed before I received an invitation to join. Too bad I didn't see it sooner. There was no associated message to me, or at least not one that has been delivered as of yet.

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 9.37.26 PM.png

From the link associated with it....

Increase ROI.
Unleash OMG.

Get up to 1,000 fixed price listings for free.*

Activate Offer

Terms & Conditions

*Final value and optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees apply. No guarantee is made that any item will sell at a particular price, or at all.

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting "Activate offer" in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What is the Promotion?

Invited sellers ("sellers") who activate the offer and then create a listing in the fixed price format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein ("Qualifying Listing"), will pay no insertion fee per item ("Promotion") for up to 1,000 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

The Promotion only applies to listings with 30-day and Good 'Til Cancelled duration, and does not apply to final value fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category.

What's eligible?

This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?

This Promotion will begin on the date specified in the message you received through email or eBay Message Center, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on the date specified in the message you received through e-mail or eBay Message Center, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.ca (the “Promotion Period”).

How do I activate the Promotion?

Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on the CA site at www.ebay.ca through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account" section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions

• The Promotion excludes the following: items listed in the auction-style or auction-style with Buy It Now format and items listed with 1-day, 3-day, 5-day, 7-day, or 10-day durations.
  • Note that for listings with Good 'Til Cancelled duration, the promotional rate only applies to the initial listing; renewals will count toward your monthly listing allotment if available, or will be charged the standard insertion fee rates.
  • The following categories are excluded: Cars & Trucks, Motorcycles, Other Vehicles & Trailers, Real Estate, Commercial Printing Presses, Boats, RVs & Campers, Powersports, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, Heavy Equipment.
  • All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. However, Good 'Til Cancelled listings that renew during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Promotion.

Reference code: 103981

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

'Zero insertion fees on up to 1,000 fixed price listings! Pay no insertion fees on up to 1,000 ...'

Even activated three days late, it will still cover about 235 Buy It Nows for me, nicely covering the 120 or more that I go over each month. So, that's nice. Plus, I had hoped to list a few more over the weekend anyway. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Congats ... you seem pleased with it, sale should begin an upward trendchart_with_upwards_trend The drinks are on me ... here you go wine_glasswine_glass

Hope to see a listings promotion again someday, not happening on this day though Man Sad

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Congrats! I didn’t get one this time, hopefully next time!
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thank you. I’m sorry to hear you were overlooked for this one. I
almost missed the offer completely. Maybe due to format changes with the Seller Hub. Under Seller Manager, if a new offer appeared, there’s be a blue bar button next to the offer. With the Seller Hub? You have to really look and read. All that sets it apart (at least to me) from the appearance of my regular allotment was a blue word, no button. It wasn’t readily apparent an offer awaited. At least not to me. That’s the reason I shared it here.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Congratulations on winning the Special Offer Lottery Momsqueen!!! Guess Bob Barker told you to "Come on down"!!! Think my messages about getting those offers are going to some place where the sun never shines or like the rest of my incoming eBay mail on tape delay!! Win some, lose some!!

-CM

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

If you’ve migrated over to Seller Hub from Selling Manager, it takes close attention to the Promotions section to see that you’ve been invited. Also, I tend to watch that area closer to the end of the month. It’s lucky I didn’t miss it since I haven’t been invited to anything for ages.

I wonder if the timing is due to my annual store renewal contract coming due June 1. Goodwill gesture? Although you might think free listings would be a disincentive.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The listing promotions I received earlier this year always seemed to arrive on a Sunday, the last one back in March had no invitation email sent .to my inbox . Without the email I didn't notice it's presence for several days either.

Once those invites start they seem to keep sending them out one after the other for a bit. I agree they may be trying to soften you up for store renewal time.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Not showing up on mine but when I clicked the link it was accepted and now active. Thanks for posting.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I got it on the 7th right after the Victoria Times-Colonist Book Sale.

So I have lots of new material to upload.

I'm carefully listing at times when my current (GTC and 30 day) stock is low.

So I have to stop for today, since I'm pretty strong for the next 12 hours.

Interesting that this might be a rolling promotion.

I wonder if someone listened to the complaints about these promotions flooding the market with stuff sellers can't afford to list if there is a 30 cent fee?

Naaaah.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Was unable to activate it so was not invited. I too have not seen a promotion (other than the % off FVF) for months now. Maybe next time. Congratulations on being included & thanks for posting it. It makes you check it out anyway because as you said if you don't get the email which you sometimes don't you can easily miss it.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Found the message in my inbox on ebay Messages today. Says it sent May 7 but the incoming time stamp is late evening last night.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 10.25.07 AM.png

With the Promo was an ebay Bucks deal that expired before it was deliveredWith the Promo was an ebay Bucks deal that expired before it was delivered

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

If I was waiting on some sweet incentive to make an ebay purchase, I'd be plenty irritated right now that my '8x ebay Bucks offer' expired on the 10th of May but was only delivered to me on May 11.  Like?!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

There is seems to be a never ending problem with eBay mail not arriving in real time or just not arriving at all. Maybe something to bring up with Tyler next week?

-CM

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I think so, yes. A few days late on a listings insertion promo I can live with but it's really dumb that I would be sent an email for a 8xEbay Bucks promo only after the event was concluded. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply