%age of Sellers Who Have Switched to Managed Payments

Has anyone seen statistics regarding the percentage of sellers who have switched to Managed Payments?  Over the last few months, I've noticed that sellers have received a variety of dates by which they need to make the switch.

And to anyone who has not made the switch by the deadline date, did you have any problem cancelling all your listings?  Or were they cancelled by eBay?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: %age of Sellers Who Have Switched to Managed Payments

I'm curious, were you required to verify your identity with a driver's license or passport? Upload anything?Were you asked for documentation to verify your banking info?

I was given the same deadline so I signed up last Thursday. During the application I was not asked to verify a single detail regarding my identity or banking info. Now that I'm activated they want details!

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

I have not been asked for more details.

I had a sale a few hours before I was forced to join MP and a sale after with MP. This on another eBay ID that I just started up in January.

The sales were my 3rd and 4th sales on the account. The joys of selling limits of 10 items then 20 items now 60 items.

Both items went Lettermail and I used my discount postage stamps. No need for eBay Labels.
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Thanks for sharing. I suspect they've condensed the initial application process to on board as many as possible in a short time frame. They have definitely split my account into two parts, ebay.ca listings are being released to my bank account but funds from ebay.com listings are being held. They wanted my driver's licence number which I have provided ... have not heard back from them yet.
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

Nope, i quit ebay selling and deleted all listings today with no issue. 
im done. 
Between ebay bs shipping -twice the price and twice the time , and now forced managed payments that hold your money and steal your private banking info with offering nothing but useless hassles.

Walk away. Thats the right thing to do but upto you. 

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

I have seen many comments from sellers on the board who have said they are quitting. I have checked those sellers listings to see if they have anything listed and everyone of them did not have anything listed. So those sellers were telling the truth.  I have also checked listings for sellers who say they aren't going to switch to managed payments. Some of those sellers still have items listed but those items are not in the managed payments format. ( no G Pay logo on the listing) So this could mean a few different things. These sellers are not past the deadline date yet or are past the deadline date and nothing has happened yet or maybe even they have registered but the the process hasn't completed yet.  It is a waiting game I guess!

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Afraid to ask but please fill me in!!

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

Think it is a coincidence. I have had several sales since I got the email.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

I wish you luck!!

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

@recped wrote:

There will be some numbers released on the 28th when eBay issues their Q1 financials. It won't likely breakout specific numbers for Canada, just a worldwide number.

In the last release (2020 - Q4) it states "1 Million+ migrated", given they have really cranked up the migrations over the past couple of months that number may be double for Q1-2021.

Out of curiousity does the statement you saw include the descriptor.."Happy to be" with that 1 Million+ migrated? I guess the alternative could have been "Begrudgingly". It's important to have truth in advertising!!!

-Lotz

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

( no G Pay logo on the listing)

I don't understand what that means.  And where would it be located?

Message 30 of 35
latest reply

Managed Payments accepts payment from GooglePay and ApplePay, as well as credit cards and Paypal.

PP accepts neither  G(oogle)Pay nor ApplePay and those logos do not appear on the shipping page.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

You should have no problems cancelling your listings.

Auctions currently running will end at their usual time and any auction sale money will be handled as usual through paypal -- not through Managed Payments.   No relisting unless in MP.

Fixed price listings -- no idea what happens to the money flow if you have not switched by the deadline. No idea what happens when the fixed price listing hits the monthly renewal, but it would make sense for ebay to stop the listing from renewing (but we're talking ebay here).

-..-

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

MP come back to me the day after I registered and asked for my driver's license number, I provided it. Roughly 4 business days later the hold on my DOTcom funds was removed. I received no confirmation notice of the positive outcome.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the MP experience to date, I've had successful weekly payouts for 2 weeks running, both times sales occuring up til mid-day or a bit later on Sunday have been paid out Tuesday morning and reached my bank account later the same day. I find the individual transaction log strait-forward and easy to understand. As my transaction history is still pretty short, I've not yet explored the reporting tools, no comment on those.

The one complaint I have is that the tablet user (I have a Samsung Tab) is not able to access the Payments tab in Seller Hub. As soon as I select the Payments tab I'm redirected out of SH to a My eBay Payments page which is essentially useless. The APP is no better, it provides the same dumbed-down functionality as does my android tablet and cell phone. I have not tried using an iPad but I would not expect that to make any difference as that is also a mobile OS.

The in depth Payments information that users will need, is not available to them using mobile devices such as tablets or phones or even if they download the ebay app on to those mobile devices.

I can state from personal experience that a Desktop running Windows 10 definitely works very well with MP Payments. Maybe the Mac Desktop OS would work fine too, I expect it should.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@2coolcoinsandbanknotes wrote:

seems to be leading into a tax grab for Justin.

What's "Justin" got to do with Managed Payments?

According to the commentary under each Covid article in the Vancouver Sun, etc., it's Dr. Bonnie you should be worring about.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

@jt-libra :

Sorry I should have answered this a long time ago but for some reason it was not showing on my computer.

The GPay logo is on the listing page in the payments section which is near the top in the center or you can also see it when you when you click on the Shipping and Payments tab. It is for Google Pay and Apple Pay.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply