crikets sounds - no inquires -no sales - nothing since dec3- getting worried

i have on dec 3 one sale--  before that three days no sales - all of my items before yesterday where at 35% off as of yestreday i have gone to 40% and 45% off -- last year at this time i was flush with daily  sales at least three a week sales -- now nothing -- doesn't help all my expenese come out of the first of the month -- locker rent - post office box rent - ebay store tribute- this month so far iam in the whole quite a bit - will try 50 % off at end of week if nothing changes - but that is my bottom line cost -- anything lower than that with ebay fees i will get close to losing money on very sale -- hope there is turn around -- xmas will be as many others on other forums have said also ---very very bleak this year-- no extras for the grandkids and grandma

only bright news this week was that my penality   points are down to 2.14% from 2.16% last week- so again slight improvement - that 1.99% rating keeps or seems to be so far off but then again when ebay put me in promo jail they started at 2.33% so maybe just maybe i can get back to 1.99 % and lower fees and using promo listings again- maybe sales will go up also  and i will make a little money   

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: crikets sounds - no inquires -no sales - nothing since dec3- getting worried

PKG#1249/#146D-TOOLWAY#188040-STAINLESS STEEL TOP QUALITY HANDHELD BIDET-$11.11

Not a good title.

Remember the first four words are those seen by phone shoppers, who are supposed to be half of those buying online.

even my almost giveaways aren't working -- $1.99 items ---bidets kits that sell for $39/$49 in many stores in the area - they aren't even getting look sees--

Try HANDHELD BIDET stainless steel ToolWay #188040 compare at $ 39.00      #1249/146D 

I'm assuming the package number is your own inventory number? The customer won't be searching on that.

Tell him what it is (bidet). Sweeten with some more useful info (steel not plastic). Add some possibly useful information (brand and number).

Then in the description:

HAND HELD STAINLESS STEEL TOILET BIDET selling for $11.11 promo price 

Your price is actually $7.55 - a further reduction. Cognitive dissonance.

EASY INSTRUCTIONS

ALL PARTS INCLUDED FOR INSTALLATION 

THIS A TOP QUALITY UNIT WITH HEAVY MADE VALVE CONTROL LONG LIFE

SEE PICTURES FOR DETAILS

Did you notice one picture has an "almost " naughty word on the package?

Good pictures but this is not a necessary part of the description.

DUE TO HIGH COST OF EXPEDITED SHIPPING 

WE OFFER PARTIAL COVERED EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR $22.22 TO ALL THE  CANADA PROVINCES 

You can't charge more than you state for shipping. And since what buyers want is Free Shipping (not that that is possible or sensible) I doubt this is useful.

How about ONLY $22.22 EXPEDITED SHIPPING TO ANY CANADIAN PROVINCE

At a guess you are able to fit the product into a Flat Rate Box, which is shipped as Expedited by Canada Post?

We don't get a discount on FRBs, but we can include part of the cost in the price of the product.

EG Item $10 actual shipping cost $25 FRB - post item price as $13 and shipping as $22.

But- and I'm micromanaging here, buyers hate paying more for shipping than for the product.

You might be better to reverse this. Selling price $22 and shipping $13.  Or even $35 selling price and FREE SHIPPING.

Worth the experiment since you have a few of these?

WE ALSO ACCEPT WHOLE UNUSED/UNOPENED IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING RETURNS

RETURNS ARE ON YOUR DIME YOU PAY FOR RETURNS ANY REASON

No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

The seller is usually charged with sending Return Shipping if he wants the item back. You can buy USPS shipping labels through Shippo.

And it sounds as if the buyer might have a problem with installation.

I'd lose these two sentences entirely.

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

Re: crikets sounds - no inquires -no sales - nothing since dec3- getting worried

I pointed out 3 weeks ago sharing my experience about very obvious reasons of why the cards don't sell. He keep relisting as similar trying the same. I contacted about buying multiple listings and work around something but basically got told to wait and been ghosted since. He won't change anything, the thread was meant to vent. Honestly i think y'all wasting your time

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

I pointed out 3 weeks ago sharing my experience about very obvious reasons of why the cards don't sell. He keep relisting as similar trying the same. I contacted about buying multiple listings and work around something but basically got told to wait and been ghosted since. He won't change anything, the thread was meant to vent. Honestly i think y'all wasting your time

Maybe, but this is a thread that will likely come up a lot in searches so the information will probably help lots of other people in the future.

Message 43 of 43
latest reply