dead sales for Canadian seller listing in us$

I don't know why but I have recently a Dead sales for 6 days. I am a Canadian seller that listing in us$. Is there some Canadian sellers that is in the same situation than me?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: dead sales for Canadian seller listing in us$

There have been quite a few comments from sellers experiencing slower sales than normal right now on both .ca and .com.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The "dead sales" have been reported and commented on since October 1995.

Retail comes and goes.

It's why retailers looooove to sell subscriptions where they get a stead flow of payments, even if the payments are smaller than those they would get in a good month.

Cross-check your sales against Sept/Oct 2019 and Sept/Oct 2018 for comps.  (2020 was an outlier with a pandemic surge in online sales across the internet.)

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@oreste_23 wrote:

I don't know why but I have recently a Dead sales for 6 days. I am a Canadian seller that listing in us$. Is there some Canadian sellers that is in the same situation than me?

I'm mirroring your observations with current sales. Mine have been down for the past 4/5 months.

Attached is Views/Traffic drop discussion from a dot com perspective with 2 responses from eBay staff. According to the discussion the issue is being "investigated" but as of yet nothing has been uncovered.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Will-the-views-impressions-problem-be-addressed/m-p/32350250#M...

-Lotz

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My sales have been wonky in the last 5-6 months. Since the implementation of Managed Payments. I would get a few sales one month, and then go a full month without a single sale. That is totally crazy... my last sale was Sept 12.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It's hard to imagine that MP could be part of the problem-- since buyers don't use it and can still use Paypal along with the same credit cards directly and ApplePay and GooglePay.  So they have more options with MP.

There have been discussions about changes to categories. 

CUI BONO?

How would it benefit eBay to reduce the ability of sellers to sell?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

It's hard to imagine that MP could be part of the problem-- since buyers don't use it and can still use Paypal along with the same credit cards directly and ApplePay and GooglePay.  So they have more options with MP.

There have been discussions about changes to categories. 

CUI BONO?

How would it benefit eBay to reduce the ability of sellers to sell?

@reallynicestamps 

@lady.stark 

I totally believe there are 2 factors at play here. First how all the search changes in time with the start of MP and secondly how sellers no longer have PayPal balances from sales. Many buyers in the past were other sellers. Because of the way funds move I have zero reasons to shop with eBay. You can include eBay Bucks but that is probably very minor.

-Lotz

PS. Side thought. When was the last time a MEGA seller showed up here (Discussion Board) claiming some sort of issue affecting their way of doing business? If this was a thing, in those cases, that seller would most likely contact eBay directly and a suitable answer would have been passed on 10 minutes later.  Not how things work for the other side. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply