does a 'bid' kill a buy it now price?

I have a listing that had a buy it now, but it's not showing up.

While I was checking a postage rate for one interested party ....someone else put in a bid.

did the bid KILL the BIN ?

20 years at this and i'm still learning !!

"To err is human....to forgive, Canine"
(Lynne Johnson, cartoonist/author)
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member
Yes. 😁
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

In passing, is there a reason you will not ship to France or Germany but will to Russia and Belarus?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi Femmefan,

No, just another thing I have to look into.  I have gremlins in my Ebay stuff.  I have a list set for standard shipping (foreign) and always have put France & Germany on it.....off to check on this - Thanks for the heads up!

Also seems so strange that I always have US checked, and the parcel choice, but seems every 3 or so listings Ebay decides to make the item not available to US buyers.  Darn near lost a sale last night due to this! I'm glad the buyer to the time to email me and ask for a rate.   Makes me crazy! (but then the list is a long one!)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks marnotom!

I thought as much but these days I always think I should check.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Well I checked and it seems that Ebay has again switched me over (no I did NOT do it!) to that Business manager program, which has different shipping stuff in it.  I repeatedly opt out - as I don't like how it works and them keep throwing some of my listings into it....then I go in and cancel again. 

Think I'll put in on my daily list to check this!.  again, Thanks for the heads up!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply