eBay Canadapost Calculator Sept 8, 2022

devon@ebay 

There appears to be a return of issues again with the eBay postage calculator and the postage being collected from the buyer. Just processed an order using Small Packet Air to the USA. According to CP postage rate should be 9.26 (Counhter rate). Shippo and Ebay Labels displays 8.97. Not sure if this discrepancy is following through on all services. Amount will increased based on final package rate. In this situation difference is pennies. Over time it can add up quickly. The last time this error was noted it was a little over 6 weeks to repair. Very likely caused by the correct fuel surcharge not being applied correctly. With the previous situation it caused a shortfall on postage collected approx. $150.00. For other sellers it was substanially more.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

CP.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1662682180579.png

eBay Labels 

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1662682498241.png

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Sorry, just clarifying.  The discounted label should be 8.97  but are you saying that on the order details page the buyer paid 8.97 rather than $9.26?  The screen shot from the label

page doesn't say what the buyer paid...I'm assuming that the 2nd screen shot is from the label page. Or, am I totally misunderstanding what you are saying?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Sorry, just clarifying.  The discounted label should be 8.97  but are you saying that on the order details page the buyer paid 8.97 rather than $9.26?  The screen shot from the label

page doesn't say what the buyer paid...I'm assuming that the 2nd screen shot is from the label page. Or, am I totally misunderstanding what you are saying?

Discounted label part is not in play. Canadapost states $9.26. Shippo/eBay labels shows $8.97. There was a bit of a similar discrepancy for an international order but I didn't do the math on it.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

9.26 is the CP counter rate 8.97 is the level 1 small business rate. Please explain what discrepancy you are referring to as I must be missing something.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

9.26 is the CP counter rate 8.97 is the level 1 small business rate. Please explain what discrepancy you are referring to as I must be missing something.

I "may" have misread or eBay was in the process of adjusting. When I checked originally ebay labels was showing 1 amount and shippo another. Normally they match exactly. I use Shippo exclusively.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay 

There appears to be a return of issues again with the eBay postage calculator and the postage being collected from the buyer. Just processed an order using Small Packet Air to the USA. According to CP postage rate should be 9.26 (Counhter rate). Shippo and Ebay Labels displays 8.97. Not sure if this discrepancy is following through on all services. Amount will increased based on final package rate. In this situation difference is pennies. Over time it can add up quickly. The last time this error was noted it was a little over 6 weeks to repair. Very likely caused by the correct fuel surcharge not being applied correctly. With the previous situation it caused a shortfall on postage collected approx. $150.00. For other sellers it was substanially more.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

CP.

eBay Labels 

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I will be sure to share this information with our Shipping Team and if they have information to share I will update you on their response. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

CP.

eBay Labels 

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I will be sure to share this information with our Shipping Team and if they have information to share I will update you on their response. 

Hello Devon,

To clarify the system may have been in the process of updating when I was creating my labels so original concern may not be applicable. Can you confirm when or in other words how pro-active eBay is with updating Canadapost rates especially how it relates to the Fuel Surcharge? I believe in the past CP was updating this charge monthly. They are now doing so weekly.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

devon@ebay 

@dinomitesales 

Followup example comparison for what is currently being displayed by eBay Labels vs Shippo for the same shipment(Sept 22,2022). In the past the listed options mirrored exactly. As of the last week to 10 days they are not. If the calculator is not working correctly and customers are short paying, these are funds the seller are seller will be short and eBay does not credit seller for these types of discrepancies. Please investigate and advise. Rate is based on a parcel 29 cm x 19 cm x 12 cm 600 grams. Postal codes on request.  

Thanks,

-Lotz

Ebay Labels

Ebay Labels Sept 22.jpg

Shippo

Shippo Rates Sept 18 2022.jpg

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I don't know why anyone would use ebay labels, I cant add my small bussiness number, so any shipments I send are not credited to my account, and I have a higher discount then ebay labels offers.

Second issue seems to be if their is an issue with the shipment and needing a refund, I recall their was a post or two about people being sent in a million directions to try and get that sorted.

Third issue, I think someone mentioned before that the recipt you get isnt like that on snap ship/shippo which is kinda useless for sellers registered for GST/HST as that info was hard to find.

It would be nice if it worked better, PayPal labels was great and I used to use that all the time!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I don't know why anyone would use ebay labels, I cant add my small bussiness number, so any shipments I send are not credited to my account, and I have a higher discount then ebay labels offers.

Second issue seems to be if their is an issue with the shipment and needing a refund, I recall their was a post or two about people being sent in a million directions to try and get that sorted.

Third issue, I think someone mentioned before that the recipt you get isnt like that on snap ship/shippo which is kinda useless for sellers registered for GST/HST as that info was hard to find.

It would be nice if it worked better, PayPal labels was great and I used to use that all the time!

Total agreement with the fuzzy receipts we seem to be getting.

Often when I sign into Shippo I see interesting messages. Last 1 was this regarding insurance.

Your order is not insured. Protect your package against loss and damage for CA$1.00. Exclusions apply.

Shippo message:

In clarifying directly with Shippo customer service the 1.00 fee (or more) is above and beyond what is actually included with CP. The message is a bit misleading.

I'd be more than happy to clarify. The banner for insurance is new on our site, and we have a partnership with a 3rd party company, Shipsurance, that provides insurance for packages beyond the insurance that the carrier will offer. This banner is referring specifically to the insurance that Shipsurance offers. 

Rest assured, if you don't purchase the additional insurance with Shipsurance, if your carrier provides basic liability coverage for a specific service level, your package should still be covered under the carrier's insurance. 

Today signing in I see this on the front page of Shippo.

Shippo Discounts.jpg

I have seen another one before completing purchase of a label regarding 90 % savings for USPS. Maybe they were just rounding up? Anyone know where something similar in savings is for CP? This is doing nothing to level the cross border playing field. Also curious to know if US sellers pass on any of these savings to their buyers. By reviewing postage quoted it doesn't seem likely.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 10
latest reply