eBay Delays the Demise of Turbo Lister

8 REPLIES 8

About TL.......

(1) TL will not be available to new sellers.

(2) No more updates.

(3)  TL will slowly disappear.... 

(4) TL had many little twists and turns... too many.

TL died for me... and eBay never really explained ... Why?

Other listing options are available....on and off eBay.....It is time to make an adjustment..... Before the roof caves in....

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Well, that is good news to me. I happen to like TL and I have used it for about over 10 years. It's easy to use and even though it has crashed for me twice, both times were my own fault and the TL team were very helpful at getting me back online. Right now I have over 1500 items stored there and I don't want to lose them again. If I have to pay for a non-eBay app I may just cancel one of my eBay stores in order to pay for it; I think six-bit is around $25 US.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Good news it is still an option. It is not without bugs, but definitely better than trying to use something like the seller hub, which performs terribly. TL saved my butt quite a few times when mass editing was required.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I consider my self a power Turbo Lister user.  With multiple account some have as high as 42,000 listings.  Which is well above what TL is suppose to handle.  I usually find the best way to keep things running glitch free is to regularly compress the files and of course back up the files.  So if something does go wrong you have a back up.  I also take my time, with the program and do not rush it through any of it steps.  If it takes some time loading files or time for it to proceed to the next step I leave things alone and do not start clicking away with the mouse.  Thats how files get corrupt.  Glad to hear its going to stay awhile longer.  If enough of us do the TL survey which I read is available but can not find.  Maybe it will stay longer.  If you do get a link for the survey please post it here.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

TL might still be available,  to the older crowd of sellers.

There will be no updates... and if TL dies  where do your listings go.

My TL is still there... with lots of listings... but am unable to link to eBay... unable to log  onto eBay and confirm a connection to eBay... , and as a result TL Is totally... totally dead to me.

The ability to link to eBay is important... for without that link  TL is one big cemetery of dreams

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I haven't seen the TL survey either. Haven't seen any official announcement about TL being around for a while on the Canada announcement page either.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Well, that is good news to me. I happen to like TL and I have used it for about over 10 years. It's easy to use and even though it has crashed for me twice, both times were my own fault and the TL team were very helpful at getting me back online. Right now I have over 1500 items stored there and I don't want to lose them again. If I have to pay for a non-eBay app I may just cancel one of my eBay stores in order to pay for it; I think six-bit is around $25 US.

SixBit Home & Hobby version is $19.99 US a month for 1 eBay Site and up to 2 eBay ids. Next version is Small Business at $34.99 US for 1 eBay site and 5 eBay ids.

https://www.sixbitsoftware.com/index.php/pricing

Most Canadian sellers list on both eBay.ca and eBay.com so the pricing for SixBit is expensive since you would have to have 2 Home & Hobby to cover 2 eBay sites.

Wonder Lister has a Beginner Plan at $5 US for 1 eBay sites and 2 eBay ids and a maximum of 1,000 Active Listings (listing up on eBay but you can store in Wonder Lister more listings ready to list). Next version is the Bronze Plan at $10 US a month for 2 eBay sites and 2 eBay ids and a maximum of 2,500 Active Listings.

http://www.wonderlister.com/pricing

For me with 2 eBay ids and listing on 2 eBay sites (.ca Canada and .com USA), the most affordable tool is the Wonder Lister Bronze plan at $10 US a month.

The above tools are Windows based programs like Turbo Lister. I have no experience using either tool so I cannot recommend either one.

I do not want to spend anything, lol, so I am waiting for eBay to finally tell us what capabilities the Seller Hub will have for features like Turbo Lister has. I am looking for uploading of listing to allow offline creation of listing and downloading of listing to backup listings.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

In the eBay.com USA Weekly Session, questions were asked on Turbo Lister and the recent emails from eBay. Here is a reply from eBay in post 17 of this Weekly Session May 3, 2017.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Weekly-Community-Chat-May-3rd-1pm-PT-Genera...

Good afternoon! While TurboLister is slated to no longer be supported in the near future, the tool will still be available for a short time thereafter - we simply are no longer going to be providing updates to keep it current. At some point after enough updates have passed on eBay, the tool will no longer function as intended. We intend to replicate the features of TurboLister in the Seller Hub and you are also welcome to check out other third party tools that may meet your needs if you would like!

eBay makes so many changes to their site that Turbo Lister will only last a few months before not working properly. Worse, it may create incorrect listings or not what the seller intended. The 2017 Fall Seller Update will probably break it.

Farther on in the same weekly session in post 45 more about Turbo Lister.

Here is some clarification on your specific questions:

Q1: We won't be "cutting off" current users, there will simply be a point where the tool no longer works properly as our developers will not be supporting it and keeping it current. If you have TurboLister, you will still be able to use it until it is no longer compatible with the eBay site.

Q2: The download link is no longer on the site, so this is what we mean when we say it is no longer available. This ties into Q2A that as long as you have the installer, you will be able to use that version of TurboLister. This may not be the most up to date version depending on when you originally got the installer and you can still reach out to turbodata@eBay.com for help getting the latest version possible.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply