eBay Failed to Charge Shipping

Never had this happen before. eBay just completely failed to charge shipping to a buyer. The invoice clearly shows $35 for shipping and somehow the buyer managed to skip paying shipping. Anyone else have this issue lately?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay Failed to Charge Shipping

marnotom!
Community Member

Is this a sale where "Best Offer" was used?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It was. I've had quite a few accepted offers lately and never had that happened before.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I've had overseas customers charged $0.00 for shipping, usually on a long tail item that has been relisted several times (like 20 or more).

What seems to happen in those cases is that on dotCOM, where I charge $0.00 for International Shipping to Canada, the Canada price gets added to my other , mostly European  overseas destinations, and all are charged the Canadian price instead of my chosen overseas flat rate.

But that sounds like a glitch related to Best Offers.

It may help to specify when you counter or accept a Best Offer to explain to the customer that Offers do not affect Shipping.

But if eBay is doing that, and I've seen other sellers complaining on dotCOM, we should call staff attention to it.

velvet@ebay  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Looks strange, and it might be difficult to send an additional invoice if you are on MP.  I would contact Ebay, they recently have a good and efficient chat help service. I don't think it has anything to do with best offer - I accepted several thousands of BO - it never happened to me. Good luck! 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My customer was fully understanding and paid the additional invoice with the shipping charge.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

A happy end! Congratulations! A rarity at this forum ...... 😃

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@electronic_dist_intl wrote:

My customer was fully understanding and paid the additional invoice with the shipping charge.

Congrats on a cooperative customer. Not always the way. If you are ever able to confirm what caused this to happen please pass it on. I've had it happen where customers(2) have been able to choose free local pickup as an option  (sounded like app glitch - They were in Toronto...I'm in Calgary) and then then expected shipping au gratis. Was never able to get an answer as to how or why this could happen from eBay. In both cases had to cancel due to problem with address.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 8
latest reply