'eBay Seller Says PayPal Is Siding with a Bad Buyer'

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2016/10/1477080025.html

A rather unfortunate tale but one that I thought was interesting nonetheless as it examines some of the hurdles to which a seller must jump to as part of a paypal investigation/claim. 

I sold a pair of (designer) shoes, new in box for a total of (over $500). The buyer waited 3 weeks before filing a claim with Pay Pal, on Sept 13, stating the shoes are counterfeit. He never went thru eBay. No contact was received from buyer at all until Sept 13. Then on Sept 13 later in the night he escalated it to a dispute. 

It's a tangled web to navigate for certain. I have no small amount of sympathy for the seller. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Very interesting and good to know. Have thought about this before as I buy items online from time to time (not necessarily on ebay) and if person selling decides to just post an empty envelope or parcel with tracking what recourse do we have. Doesn't sound too promising and lots of work.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As a buyer, I once received an empty envelope instead of a $200 dress. I had to file said police report. It was unpleasant to say the least.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Actually it wasn't the police report, per se. It was PayPal's requirements that I provide them with a copy of that police report within 10 business days. Winnipeg Police don't do those in less than 45 and at cost per request. Available only for in-person pickup downtown during limited business hours. Which I cannot fault the police for since it's fraud by mail and not crimes against persons. But PayPal made it very very difficult for me to meet their absolute requirements with no room to appeal extenuating circumstances.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

last year at custom they took out the backpack for checking and never put it back .Money wise $30 .
Message 5 of 5
latest reply