eBay Store Ending

I have been wondering and contemplating ending my eBay Store Subscription.

If I end my store, what happens to my current listings?  Are they removed by eBay?  Do they remain listed at higher selling prices?  I am finding that my store cost subscription cuts to deeply into my profits as we are wrapping up inventory with limited remaining sales.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay Store Ending

Your listings stay up unless you end them.  Without a store you still get 200 free listings a month.  

Is your store subscription mont to month or yearly?  If it is month to month you can end it any time but if you agreed to a yearly subscription there is a penalty if you end it before the year is up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay Store Ending

Your listings stay up unless you end them.  Without a store you still get 200 free listings a month.  

Is your store subscription mont to month or yearly?  If it is month to month you can end it any time but if you agreed to a yearly subscription there is a penalty if you end it before the year is up.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay Store Ending

And if there is a Promotion going, you may even have more truly free listings than 200.

But you will have to keep a close eye on closing dates or your Free Promotion listings may start costing you 35c or so each.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

eBay Store Ending

One thing you might want to consider- we get slightly lower FVF in most categories with a Store subscription.

11.5% on Books and most Collectibles with a Store versus   12.35% without a Store.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822#section2

And of course the discount coupon for shipping supplies.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eBay Store Ending

That slightly higher commision rate will not factor in my decision,nor the number of free listings.  As I said, we are wrapping up selling on eBay so with whatever limited stock that we have, it does make much sense to have to pay a monthly charge of $19.95 until all is sold.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

eBay Store Ending

True. I downgraded one of my Stores when we started getting all these Free Listing Promotions. I think I have some 10,000 on one account.

But I did wait until my annual subscription ended and when I downgraded, went with the monthly charge so I can upgrade if the Free Listings disappear.

And of course, we still get double the number of listings at no extra charge by listing on dotCA and dotCOM.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

eBay Store Ending

I am in a similar position and am planning on ending my store subscription at the end of  April.  My understanding is that i will get 200 free listings on .com PLUS another 200 free listings on .ca.  Is that correct?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

eBay Store Ending

@fergua3 wrote:

I am in a similar position and am planning on ending my store subscription at the end of  April.  My understanding is that i will get 200 free listings on .com PLUS another 200 free listings on .ca.  Is that correct?

Link for eBay Canada attached - 200 Fixed price without a store + .25 cents per listing

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4163

Link for eBay USA attached - 250 fixed price without a store

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4163

Basic store Canada = 350 + .10 cents each  24.95 CAD monthly/19.95 yearly subscription per month

Basic store USA = 1000 + 10 cents each  27.95 USD monthly/21.95  yearly subscription per month

Main perk of store are slightly lower seller fees, personalized categories + supply coupon. 

-Lotz

Note: Unable to see where it clarifies when you list on both sites.

Note 2: USA sellers have access to a starter store. 7.95 per month 

This is from help:

Can I list on both eBay.ca and eBay.com?

In most cases, it's more economical to list only on one site—eBay.ca or eBay.com. You'll get the same exposure on both sites, and you can offer shipping to both the U.S. and Canada. And if you ship from both sides of the border, you're at a distinct advantage—your item will be shown in CAD for Canadian buyers and CAD for U.S. buyers, and you can offer branded shipping services for Canada Post, USPS, or other carriers depending on where you're shipping from, so that buyers see that you offer shipping services they recognize and trust.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

eBay Store Ending

The seller does have to weigh many factors.

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online.

I have the advantage that my basic products (paperbacks and sewing patterns) can be shipped at fixed rates using lettermail.

• Not only does this mean I can use Flat Rate shipping, which is the only one available to us on dotCOM, but also Free Shipping, which is just a subcategory of Flat Rate.

If the seller needs to use package rates it is much much better to use dotCA.

• The bonus is that all domestic packages are tracked, and only Small Packet USA is NOT tracked.

One of the benefits of using dotCOM to list is that the American customer sees the Searched item in USD and on dotCOM, while the dotCA items will be lower in Search, even though they are available to the USA.

The big difference there would be whether the seller is offering OOAK collectibles or mass market NIB products.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply