Forum Posts

Store subscription FVF

I'm thinking about testing a month with a basic store and i just wanted to know if it gives a fees deduction (except insertions)? I'm using a fee calcucator to do the maths i need and on it when i select ''store'' it counts that fees are 0.8% lower. ...

Resolved! Would someone explain coupons please?

I am probably way behind the times, but I keep seeing "send coupon" and I have no idea where I would get a coupon and what it means.

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

American Sellers - please read this!

Just a bit of info you may or may not already know when you choose the 'global shipping option' program, it automatically adds a duty/import/tax fee for international buyers. As a Canadian buyer/seller, I personally stay FAR AWAY from the sellers usi...

eBay indefinitely removed my ability to sell

eBay decided to suspend my account and indefinitely remove my ability to sell, and to be honest I’m pretty much done with selling on eBay because I only have positive seller reviews, items are not that expensive ($300-$400) and for any items that I h...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping cost adjustment

When I go to print my shipping label I sometimes have a box that is more suitable than the one I originally packed my item in. Or the item turns out to be lighter than my original input for weight. My question is, does the buyer get an automatic refu...

New buyer requirements for making an offer

For anyone who hadn't noticed there new options for buyers regarding best offers. Showed up included in the Jan 2022 seller updates in my gmail. Not in eBay mail as of yet. The automatic default is set to Require buyers to provide a payment method be...

Periodic Performance Review ??

I just got an email from eBay saying that I’m being given a periodic performance review and that all of my payouts are on hold. I have funds available but the actual payout is on hold so I can’t access any of it. Did I do something wrong ?I’m a brand...

Puerto Rico not with US in Exclusion List Options

I just realized that Puerto Rico is included with the Caribbean countries in the shipping exclusion list options, not with the USA. I would have thought it came under the Protectorate option in the US option. Usually US protectorates get excluded for...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Small Packets USA the UR*********CA number

So, I shipped a packet via Small Packets USA and as I usually do I keep the UR*********CA number and enter it as my tracking number. I think this is the longest list of scans I have ever seen so far for a tiny envelope... ...the voyage continues. Onl...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item sent with tracking through Canada Post, has never been scanned and buyer is asking for a refund

I recently started selling some of my excess hockey cards through eBay and I've hit my first snag. I sent all my previous orders with CP using the "Expedited Parcel" service but for some reason I chose "Regular Parcel" for this one, with tracking. It...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Best Item Question of the Week.

I am sure everyone gets some interesting questions about items for sale. I actually don't mind as IMHO it shows that it is getting some attention. But now and then some questions give me a chuckle. Listing Title: Sony WM-EX60 Walkman Cassette Player....

• 7 replies
  • 5 helpful

Shipping costs

Hey guys. I am looking to start selling my sports cards on eBay. Up until now I always sold in Facebook sports card groups. I buy bubble mailers from stores and then ship them at Canada post for about 2 bucks with tax. When I make a post on eBay I no...

From $4k a month to almost Homeless

I'm not really sure what I'm asking for here except a general HELP! I've tried literally everything posted in the forums about slow or dead sales from promotions, to sales, to coupons, to sell simalar, raise prices, lower prices..I was making about 3...

More crazy stuff from Ebay Re; Managed Payments Fee Gouging.

Here is an example how Ebay is looking to get even more money from sellers. In one of my stores. I sell a book to a US Buyer on Ebay.ca. The Cost of the book was $130.00 + $19.99 shipping for a total of $149.99. The total trasaction including the col...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

USPS tracking shows delivered - Buyer states he didn't receive it. Filed INR - money on hold

Buyer contacted me first that although he sees that parcel was delivered he never received it. I told him to follow the steps on the USPS website and contact the local PO as apparently they GPS all packages delivered. He didn't do that but just asked...

item not delivered.jpg

Resolved! eBay Store Ending

I have been wondering and contemplating ending my eBay Store Subscription.If I end my store, what happens to my current listings? Are they removed by eBay? Do they remain listed at higher selling prices? I am finding that my store cost subscription c...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Collected by eBay?

Was just checking on my 2021 sales and saw that there is an amount under fees and taxes - collected by eBay. Is this the taxed charged by US and International buyers?

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

New specifications

We found that 945 of your listings are missing item specifics we recommend adding like brand, size, and color that buyers commonly search for.To get started, you can filter your active listings in Seller Hub for those missing recommended item specifi...

Is it personal income or business income?

Say you have a regular job where you get a T4 from your employer and on the side you sell on eBay. Is the eBay income considered business income and taxed separately and with business tax rate or are the profits from eBay sales just added to the same...

Odd Warning in a Listing.

I was browsing some listings and saw this one with the odd "Warning" underneath the items specifics box.Has anyone seen this before and/or have any idea what that is about? The listing URL is below, and I toook a screen shot which is below. https://w...

listing warning.jpg
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does This Sound Suspicious?

I sold a set of 3 soaps 2 weeks ago and a few days later I got a message saying they had leaked during transit. I had shrink wrapped them and put them in bubble bags. The customer was pretty upset so I sent out a new replacement. This was the first t...

Resolved! New option in Seller Preferences/Blocked Buyers setting.. Require buyers to provide a payment method

Hi. Maybe you're aware but I found out today there's a new setting in Blocked Buyers under your Account Settings/Seller Preferences. "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer." The default is set to ON but you can turn it ...

Can a Canadian get an ITIN to eBay?

Have any Canadians out there been able to get an ITIN to eBay? I've been using a US address because I live on the border and cross it to ship to US buyers. Now, as we all know, I will need an ITIN to keep my US address so I can show quicker shipping ...

Labels