eBay labels on Canada site broken and costing sellers money!

Hi Tyler,  tyler@ebay.ca

Do we have an update on when the eBay.ca label system will be fixed. As it stands I am losing a small amount of change with every US sale. I am sending via CP USA Small Packet, which now has a surcharge for fuel. Problems have been identified here before, but its been weeks since and no resolution given. Problems described below.

1. Buyers are not charged for the fuel surcharge, therefore the cost is added to the sellers bottom line!

2. The label system quotes $7.49(no surcharge) for the cost, but the invoicing charges $7.88(incl. Surcharge) to the seller! the CP level 1 discount is applied but not the surcharge

3.  Buyers are not charged the proper retail rate, They are charged $7.74(retail without surcharge), the retail rate is $8.13 (with surcharge).

4. The labels always have the wrong return name for the sender, in my case its my eBay user name not my "Return Address" name!

Please ask your colleagues when this might be fixed. As it stands is is broken, the pennies add up. I provided screen shots in the site issue request, but no response.

It is unfathomable that a large company like eBay can mess up by charging the seller more to create the shipping label, than the buyer is charged for shipping. and then not fix it promptly.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: eBay labels on Canada site broken and costing sellers money!

Hi Everyone, and tyler@ebay 

In the March 17th chat, Tyler metioned "I heard from the shipping team on the pricing discrepancy issue. They've said that the actual root cause has been finally been identified and they expect a resolutionto be implemented by the end of next week"

Unfortunatley as of March 27th, 2:30PM ET, this problem is still not fixed.

Tyler is there any word on why not? or when it "might" be fixed?

Thanks

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

OK - that makes sence.

I have found the calculator to be way off in most cases anyway and usually ask the seller to quote me a shipping price and it always comes in lower.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

OK - that makes sence.

I have found the calculator to be way off in most cases anyway and usually ask the seller to quote me a shipping price and it always comes in lower.

@flyhooks4less 

There was a field prior to MP for sellers to add special payment instructions. Like "Will combine on shipping. Please message prior to payment for a revised invoice." This field has now been automagically removed. Unless the buyer happens to catch in the body of the listing <chuckle, chuckle...ya uh huh> or if they were to send you any  special requests with payment seller does not see. If you do have a buyer that expects a refund, any partial FVF's are not credited to the seller. Why it's best done prior to payment with that revised invoice.

-Lotz

Sidenote: 2 of the supposed pros of MP was "Savings for some sellers & simplified fees". Because of this technical problem on eBay's any of the some savings is long gone. Fee collection is only simpler for eBay. Understanding/accounting of fees for sellers...Not so much!!!!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Hi Everyone, and tyler@ebay 

In the March 17th chat, Tyler metioned "I heard from the shipping team on the pricing discrepancy issue. They've said that the actual root cause has been finally been identified and they expect a resolutionto be implemented by the end of next week"

Unfortunatley as of March 27th, 2:30PM ET, this problem is still not fixed.

Tyler is there any word on why not? or when it "might" be fixed?

Thanks

Hi @flyhooks4less - no, I havn't had an update from them as yet. I was so hopeful that this would be 'the one'. 

I will update them again on this. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Yay! It looks like the they finally fixed it!

tyler@ebayThanks for hounding them.

Clipboard02.jpgClipboard01.jpg

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@flyhooks4less 

I had one earlier that appeared to be correct. Was waiting on one more, so as not to jump the gun. Hopefully credits will be forthcoming to sellers this affected!! 🤣 Sorry. Couldn't resist!!

-Lotz

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@flyhooks4less - I'm happy to hear that it finally seems to be charging properly. I'm inclined to agree with @lotzofuniquegoodies' sentiment and am holding my breath waiting for that other shoe, but this bodes well!  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 27
latest reply