eBay made wrong decision about buyer claim. Bad customer service

Recently I received a chargeback from a buyer who used a forwarding shipping address and claimed that the item was not delivered. However the tracking shows that it was delivered.

eBay took side with the buyer and reimbursed original payment + shipping charges.

Upon emailing the customer service, 4 mails that got back to me said that it's not eBay's problem, refused my appeal, and want me to email the buyer and send them an invoice to hope they will pay again.

The alternative solution offered is to send a return shipping label (which costs more than the item itself) and hope they will ship back.

There is pretty much zero chance that they will do as asked. They have both the money and goods and there is no incentive to send back either.

Why does eBay not take responsibility for a wrong decision and treating sellers like garbage and powerless?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

This should be overturned if you keep pestering them. The problem right now with eBay is communication. There's no phone support, supervisors aren't returning calls when they're supposed to, and system issues seem to be at an all-time high. It's getting really frustrating being an Ebay seller right now...
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I believe that the FaceBook and Twitter eBay accounts are more responsive.

When we are required to send return shipping, I think it is the eBay policy that the seller only needs to provide return shipping from the original address (ie the forwarder) and not from the final destination.

The alternative solution offered is to send a return shipping label (which costs more than the item itself) and hope they will ship back.

Ummm--- Since the Claim was Not Delivered, what did the rep think could be sent back?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Can you confirm that the forwarding address was the address that showed in the transaction details page? I’m not clear on this point from the information you’ve provided.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your response.

I looked up the buyer's address when the claim was filed. It's an Mexican parcel forwarding warehouse in Miami.

It is confirmed with the buyer ID and the seller should be covered by protection from eBay.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. It made no sense.

If the problem could be solved simply by asking the buyer to pay again or send goods back, the world would have reached total peace a long time ago.

I will try to contact eBay FB customer service and see how they respond.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

That's odd that you didn't automatically win. Was the tracking entered on the transaction and showed that the item was delivered?  When the claim was filed, did you enter it again?

You mentioned a return...was the claim for an item not received or for the wrong item being received?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I went on the Ebay "chat" support as I had a problem and had to

give it up after a few minutes.  I felt sorry for the girl as she had no

understanding of what my problem was and was not following what

I was writing.  The plan seems to be offering sympathy and understanding

for the problem but no solutions.  Very poor.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

The claim was item not received. Due to COVID slowdown eBay had made decision before the item was delivered.

Once the tracking shows that it was delivered, I contacted to ask for appeal of the decision.

The customer service (5 mail exchanges) I received was extremely bad, clearly from an offshore contact center, and each time a different agent just copy and pasting template answers.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I agree, the off-shore agents only copy-paste template answers while offering no real solution to problems.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I didn't want to say it but I suspected the "Chat" agent was offshore as

the spelling mistakes in her typing were numerous.  With this kind of

support there will be no problem solving soloutions.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply