ebay charging me again for funds I owe?

I sold an item earlier this month and I just got a notice saying ebay is charging me for funds I owe, it said

We’re preparing to charge your bank account ending in **** for funds you owe. The reason for the charge is because you don’t have enough available funds to pay for previous transactions.

We’ll process this charge in no sooner than 3 days. The maximum you could be charged is C $26.83.

I dont get it, what is this fund that I owe? they already charged me a fee and charged me for shipping, now all of a sudden theres another charge? was my postage not enough? it shouldnt be...

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: ebay charging me again for funds I owe?

THat's normal. Canada Post (or US postal, or UPS/FEDEX/DHL, etc) have calibrated scales to determine the correct weights, and they have laser scanners to measure the package dimensions precisely. Its normal for there to be extra fees due for packages shipped "on account" that weren't properly entered either in dimensions or weight when the shipping label was purchased. My main scales I use are calibrated to within 2 or 5 grams respectively. I always round up weighs also to account for the labels/documentation going on the outside of the box. I've never been retroactively charged by Canada post for the weight but I have for the dimensions. All the major postal and courier services use dimensional weight as the determing factor for pricing as anything going into a truck or onto a plane occupies 3 dimensional space afterall. Canada Post in particular measure the GIRTH of a box, which is twice the height + twice the width and then add the length of the box to the total. Thus... a 100 cm long box thats 20 cm wide and 50 cm tall is actually a total of 240cm of dimensional measurement. But a box that's 120 cm long but only 10 cm wide and 40 cm tall is treated as a total of 220 cm. Its always better to use a long and skinny box over a short and stubby one the way the formula works.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: ebay charging me again for funds I owe?

The original post I replied to was not about Managed Payments.

I wrote  More fun and games! This is becoming a horror story.  So glad I didn't sign up!

I wasn't referring to the problem with the postage being a Managed Payment problem although guess it could have been taken that way. That is why I said more. I was referring to glitches in general which there seem to be a lot of.  I do know that if your dimensions are wrong you will be charged for the difference however the OP didn't seem to think they were wrong.

When I said so glad I didn't sign up it was because I am not happy with more thn just Managed Payments.  To me Managed Payments is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Sorry for the confusion.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply