feedback

I have noticed that some seller have their feedback set up so the sold items are not viewable how do I do this and is it something that is common

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

feedback

All seller feedback is public. It instils confidence in the seller because the buyer can check what you sell and how well you sell it. Do you mean a 'private' listing? That is an option in the new or Advanced Listing form but it's best left for embarrassing items like s-e-x mags or other things that you might not want associated with your selling ID. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

feedback

The Seller has decided to keep his/her "feedback private". Which means only he/she can view it and other eBay users cannot. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

feedback

I thought sellers weren't allowed to have private feedback, only private listings if desired. I recall that 'private feedback' is available only to buyers. Otherwise, as a seller, I could sell junk badly and no buyer would be warned.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

feedback

Sellers can keep their sold items as private so no one can view the item. You see the feedback given but can not view the item. 

It's the same with live auctions, Sellers can keep their bidders private while the auction is running. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

feedback

We're talking about two separate things. One is private listing(s) and the other is private feedback.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

feedback

You're right. Sellers cannot have private feedback. But as I think you mentioned earlier, they can have their listings set as 'private' so that the actual items sold can't be seen in their feedback.  The OP might be referring to that.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

feedback

Both obscure certain aspects of information. Only one type is allowed for sellers: private listings. Buyers can have private feedback.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

feedback

I guess we are all posting at the same tim and saying basically the same thing lol

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

feedback

Ha, looks that way!
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

feedback

@newfoundland_store wrote:

I have noticed that some seller have their feedback set up so the sold items are not viewable how do I do this and is it something that is common

Not that common. Depends on what you sell.

Here's an article: https://www.thebalance.com/pros-and-cons-of-private-ebay-listings-1140347

-..-

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

feedback

That's a really great article. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply