hmm, so Gas Prices are Down, so the CP Fuel Surchange Will Be Down to, Right???????????

byto253
Community Member

<insert LOL or Rolling Eye emoji here>

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

hmm, so Gas Prices are Down, so the CP Fuel Surchange Will Be Down to, Right???????????

Yes (or maybe), you won't see much of a decline until September 4th, the August rates have already been set.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/sending/rates-dimensions/fuel-surcharges-on...

Keep in mind the fuel surchage is based on the price of diesel, I don't think it has declined as much as regular gasoline.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Don't forget - Income tax is only a temporary measure for WWI.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

August fuel surcharge is based on the average diesel price for the 4 weeks ended July 11.

Canada Post domestic rates for August will be the same as the rates in June (July was 0.5% lower).

The September fuel charge will be based on the 4 weeks ending August 15.

-;-

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

And it was made permanent after WWII.

...the Income Tax Act came into effect on 1 January 1949 after the Income War Tax Act was redrafted...

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/income-tax

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Here in Victoria BC, gasoline was $1.999 a litre yesterday. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Filled up at the gas bar on the reserve on the way home yesterday for $1.64 per litre! The hidden one just off the southbound hwy 400 in Ontario.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Nice, we filled up at $1.95 / L yesterday. Before it was $2.00, and the one before was $2.14!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

Nice, we filled up at $1.95 / L yesterday. Before it was $2.00, and the one before was $2.14!

As per gasbuddy....Low of 1.36 in Edmonton to a high of 1.75 in Calgary. 

-Lotz

Message 9 of 9
latest reply