how to resond to negative feedback

HI ,

i received a neg feedback for an item that got lost in the mail,

even though I shipped within a couple of days.

i am not use to neg feedback,

I see other people reply to their neg feedback but I don't see a button,

how do i find it?

thanks,

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to resond to negative feedback

Hello stamps,

I will not reply, you are correct.

I wasn't going to make a flaming reply or anything just that my ship time was quick( two days or so)  and that a refund was issued immediately.

I know this is business, I wasn't taking it personal. I am not a crying mess on the floor.

and yes, anything over 100$ goes registered or if i think I may have a problem buyer on my hands.

but 17$ dollars for tracking on an item I would have made 8$ on doesn't make sense.

I don't feel that letting people know that it can take up to a week to ship is whining. Just stating a fact.

Many times I have customers emailing me within 24 hrs asking why it has not shipped yet, I was hoping that would curb that.

Some people may think that mentioning that canada post has high rates is whiney, but most foreigners have much cheaper postage rates available in their countries. But I could see how it may come across that way. It is a chance I am willing to take.

I also had in the past people try to blackmail me with negative feedback because I had not mentioned that customs fees were the buyers responsibility.

My negative feedback just over a year ago was a customer trying to get me to send more items for free and to send the refund to his girlfriends paypal as a friend payment instead of to the original pp address used.

thanks for the answers folks,

take care,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mcrlmn
Community Member

DON'T REPLY!!

Both of your negs are for non-delivery. You don't want to draw attention to them.

At 99.6% most buyers will never look any further than the number.

If you really really must respond, give the arrival date from the tracking and nothing more.

Like the most effective feedback, the most effective Responses are calm and factual.

This is business, not personal.

Not every transaction goes perfectly.

And then your Terms of Sale.

FREE POSTAGE TO CANADA USA 

You do understand that 'free postage' means the postage is included in the asking price? It's sneaky advertising talk. I use it myself.

I would think that on items like the $400 Harry Potter set you are using Expedited Parcel.

35 usd shipping to Europe, registered, insured, full value declared on customs.

Registration is not accepted as proof of delivery by eBay or Paypal.

Regular, Expedited and ExpressPost are.

(Remote locations and East of Quebec may incur additional shipping charges. East of Quebec is 5 usd.)

Your advertised shipping cost is your shipping cost.

If you are unsure of the cost of shipping switch to Calculated Shipping which will do it for you.

You cannot increase the amount your buyer pays after the purchase.

Canada post just has high rates and is reflected in my start price.

Your customer does not care and this sounds whiney.

Also "Free Shipping". Don't draw attention to the fact that the buyer is actually paying for shipping. He doesn't want to know.

If you need this Yesterday, please note that my handling time is up to 5 business days, usually one or two but sometimes 5. Real life work and life prevent me from going to the post office daily. This means I ship  twice a week on average but sometimes once, sometimes three times.
customs fees may sometimes be incurred, these are beyond my control and of course are the responsibility of the buyer.

Again whiney.

Your shipping terms are your shipping terms and do not need explanation.

You set them on your Sell Your Item form.

BTW- if you print your Paypal shipping labels, not only do you get a discount of 5% to 18% off PO counter prices, but you can drop the labelled shipment into the nearest post box. No need to go anywhere near the PO.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your asking prices are high, so why not use mail service with tracking number to protect yourself?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello stamps,

I will not reply, you are correct.

I wasn't going to make a flaming reply or anything just that my ship time was quick( two days or so)  and that a refund was issued immediately.

I know this is business, I wasn't taking it personal. I am not a crying mess on the floor.

and yes, anything over 100$ goes registered or if i think I may have a problem buyer on my hands.

but 17$ dollars for tracking on an item I would have made 8$ on doesn't make sense.

I don't feel that letting people know that it can take up to a week to ship is whining. Just stating a fact.

Many times I have customers emailing me within 24 hrs asking why it has not shipped yet, I was hoping that would curb that.

Some people may think that mentioning that canada post has high rates is whiney, but most foreigners have much cheaper postage rates available in their countries. But I could see how it may come across that way. It is a chance I am willing to take.

I also had in the past people try to blackmail me with negative feedback because I had not mentioned that customs fees were the buyers responsibility.

My negative feedback just over a year ago was a customer trying to get me to send more items for free and to send the refund to his girlfriends paypal as a friend payment instead of to the original pp address used.

thanks for the answers folks,

take care,

Message 5 of 5
latest reply