need help with return

A buyer purchased a book from me and then found that she already has it. She wants to return it, I am fine with that, but I need to know how to go about it so that I get me fees refunded.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

need help with return

She can open a return using a buyer remorse reason such as changed her mind.You approve the return and then when you receive the item and refund her through that return, your fvf will be credited.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

need help with return

She can open a return using a buyer remorse reason such as changed her mind.You approve the return and then when you receive the item and refund her through that return, your fvf will be credited.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

need help with return

More to the point, Buyer Remorse means that SHE pays the return postage.

And if she doesn't return it, you don't have to refund.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

need help with return

yup the item must return to you. do not make refunds until the parcel is with you

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

need help with return

Wow....this is really something!!

I happen to be that buyer! I have AMAZING feedback! This is NOT buyers remorse!! I bought this book not remembering that I had already bought it a few years ago. The seller did not have a photo of the cover so I did not recognise the book when I bought it. It was a totally honest mistake. It could happen to anyone! I KNOW the rules of eBay! I have bought enough stuff on here to know them very well. I have enough feedbacks to be a seller...but I am not. I am just a buyer. I KNOW it's my place to pay the return shipping. I wouldn't have it any other way. If it's my fault....I have no issues paying. I am a very responsible buyer with excellent feedback.

You don't know me & I resent the fact that you have judged me. You don't know anything about this transaction & yet you think that I have buyers remorse. It is so WRONG on so many levels to put every buyer in the same box!!

I never post on here....but I read all the time & I just had to say something as I hate being judged by someone who does not know me or the situation at all!! Absolutely sickening!!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

need help with return

This buyer didn't have remorse, as I said, it was a mistake and I am very happy to refund the payment. I just needed advice on how to go about it so as to get my fees returned. A couple of times I have just refunded buyers, and then not able to get my fees back.

Sorry for the offense caused to this buyer, she is a good buyer and I certainly didn't want to upset her.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

need help with return

@pattyg16 wrote:

Wow....this is really something!!

I happen to be that buyer! I have AMAZING feedback! This is NOT buyers remorse!! I bought this book not remembering that I had already bought it a few years ago. The seller did not have a photo of the cover so I did not recognise the book when I bought it. It was a totally honest mistake. It could happen to anyone! I KNOW the rules of eBay! I have bought enough stuff on here to know them very well. I have enough feedbacks to be a seller...but I am not. I am just a buyer. I KNOW it's my place to pay the return shipping. I wouldn't have it any other way. If it's my fault....I have no issues paying. I am a very responsible buyer with excellent feedback.

You don't know me & I resent the fact that you have judged me. You don't know anything about this transaction & yet you think that I have buyers remorse. It is so WRONG on so many levels to put every buyer in the same box!!

I never post on here....but I read all the time & I just had to say something as I hate being judged by someone who does not know me or the situation at all!! Absolutely sickening!!

I am sorry that you are upset but I think that you took some comments in a different way than how they were meant.  We generally refer to returns here in two different ways. One is a buyers remorse return and the other is a not as described( NAD)  return.  Buyers remorse simply means here that the buyer wants to return the item but that it is not because the seller did something wrong. In that situation the buyer is responsible to pay for return shipping. It might be a clothing item that doesn't fit or it was ordered by mistake or the buyer changed their mind...regardless of the reason, these type of returns are referred to as buyer remorse.

In  NAD return the item may have gotten damaged in shipping or the seller sent the wrong item or missed describing some flaws or whatever...there are various reasons. In those cases the seller is responsible to pay return shipping because the item is being returned not because the buyer changed their mind or made a mistake but because the product was not exactly what was described in the listing.

As soon as an item sells we pay a fee a percentage of that sale to ebay. If the item has been returned we can get that fee credited to our account but it is only done automatically if the return system is used which is why I suggested that triber ask you to open a return.  Femme was simply reminding the seller that in a situation like this the buyer is normally responsible for return shipping unless the seller has a free return shipping policy. I'm certain that no one was accusing you of doing anything wrong, being deceitful of or having bad intentions.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

need help with return

I did not take offence at what you said. You worded your post in a very respectful way. Thank you.

I did take offence at HOW femmefan wrote her post though. A little tact & respect go a long way. To me....she was digging at me.....especially when she puts SHE in caps! Not nice!

I KNOW all about selling on eBay & how it all works. I KNOW all about how eBay treats their sellers as well. I KNOW all that.

When a return is done & a reason for sending back comes up with all these different reasons... buyer's remorse is NOT even a choice on the menu. Sellers are the ones who use that word so much NOT eBay. Sellers need to be very careful of who they accuse of this offence. I do know that there are buyers that are remorseful for their buying.....but NOT all buyers are like that & should not all be judged the same.

The main thing though is being respectful. You never know who is reading here & what you say can be very hurtful. Not every one is a hard head.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply