neg comment removal tool

does anyone know where the negetive comment removal tool is on the site - i can't find it anywhere and after watching a few u tube fellows say they can removal unwarrented comments and there by improve your search results i wanting to give a try as i have a few  unawarrented comments that i would like to have removed --- any help in this matter would be greatly appreicated 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

neg comment removal tool

"after watching a few u tube fellows say they can removal unwarrented comment"....

Really? well, when you find out this can actually be done without the assistance of eBay support;  please be sure to come back and let the rest of us know!...because to the best of my knowledge after 20 years selling on eBay, the only way I know of is to request the buyer to revise their feedback OR report a review to eBay and ask to remove the unwarranted feedback.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

I think you have to be top rated to have access to it.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

was a top rated seller for nearly 10 years(many many years ago now), and know of no such tool ....

perhaps these threads from a few years back will enlighten those who believe such a tool exists:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Removal-of-Unfair-negative-Feedback/td-p/375417

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Top-Rated-Seller-Protection-when-receiving-Negative-Feedback/t...

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

You don't have any negatives on this ID. Your neutral is over a month old so it can't be removed and would be looked upon as the buyers opinion, there is no violation there. Did you want a positive removed? I don't know if that's possible. I doubt that buyers actually read positive feedback anyway so if just the comment is negative, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you go to help and support and type in feedback removal tool it will bring you to a link to request feedback revision but I'm not sure if that asks the buyer to revise or eBay to remove.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

I've never used it but it has been mentioned many times on the US board that there is a link to ask ebay to remove feedback. Thats what the op is likely referring to

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

There has always been the ability to contact eBay to request feedback removal; but asking/requesting such does not necessarily result in a positive outcome.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/viewing-responding-feedback-buyers?id=4103

I believe sellers are eligible for 5 feedback revision requests per 1,000 feedback received in the past 12 months.(as indicated on a seller's feedback profile).

However, perhaps OP's terminology and using the wording "removal tool" is adding more confusion to this thread.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

As others have said there is not a special tool in place that sellers can use to remove their own negative feedback, only to reach out to eBay to request a removal depending on circumstances. I

f any seller could remove negative feedback themselves there would be no negatives and it would defeat the reason for allowing feedback.

Of course there are always situations where feedback was unfair and/or untrue and this is why you can request the feedback removal if your particular case warrants it.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

Here is a link on .com that you can use to ask eBay to remove feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

Perhaps the op meant to remove the feedback on their own but I read their post as asking how to ask ebay to remove it.   I found and posted the link I was thinking of.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

Well since OP never came back to the discussion, and/or  did not return to clarify; the thread title and subsequent first post, is open to interpetation...

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

well since i posted this just a few days ago i done some  more digging and found out its a consieage type thing for high rollers type sellers who spend alot each month  the high cost store for direct contact  with their own contact person -new  york city cab driver (u tube celebtiry in ebay circles ) saids it to remove comments made by people who have no right to do so -- and  also its probably a .com thing only from most of the u tubers i watch are all amercian sellers -

****oh well i thought it too good to be true***

have a good season of xmas (enjoy your family) and maybe next year will be a better year for sales  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

neg comment removal tool

Some "high rollers" do have a temporary Block on feedback, that prevents unhappy buyers from posting negatives for seven days.

This would allow those sellers, who make a lot of money for eBay, to contact the buyer and sort things out. Although more likely the buyer is told to contact the seller to get things sorted.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply