"Find your Product" in CDs and DVDs

For the past five days i have been listing CD's and DVD's but the "Find your Product" tool is not working?  I have input several common UPC's that I have previously entered successfully in the past but not working now.  For example: The Wire First Season DVD Box Set - nothing showing up.  Many more examples.  Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I've found that the ISBN/UPC system often does not accept Canadian or British numbers.

I end up going to the name then scrolling through the offerings until I can match the picture.

I don't use either the stock photo or in those cases the stock description. But often I not only find an exact match, but also there's the ISBN just as I entered it.

I blame pixies. Or maybe Pictsies.

200px-Nac_Mac_Feegle.jpg

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

The wire individual seasons are clearly no longer there.  You can tell they were from other listings.  I have seen it on occassion where soemthign disappears or gets changed to the wrong thing.  Always been lot sof issues with their catalog

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have found the same thing.  Even on relists, I find the original UPC which was good disappears.  I think that they are tinkering with it and it is a mess.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay is all about the US products, never mind that there are Canada or other countries products!!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I too have been noticing issues with this. I was listing a few DVDs the other day and it couldn't find anything when I punched the UPC into the "Find your Product" tool. Interestingly, as I was filling out the listing (using the 'new' Sell Your Item form), I inputted the UPC into the appropriate spot in the form and suddenly the correct item populated in my listing.

So who knows what's going on. It definitely is frustrating.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@shama-lama-ding-dong wrote:

For the past five days i have been listing CD's and DVD's but the "Find your Product" tool is not working?  I have input several common UPC's that I have previously entered successfully in the past but not working now.  For example: The Wire First Season DVD Box Set - nothing showing up.  Many more examples.  Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Items manufactured and distributed in Canada often have a different UPC than the US so won't show up In Find Your Product .... And subsequent issues of the same CD/DVD can often have different numbers again. Once I find my product by name, I add the Canadian UPC in the Item Specifics. 

'

Message 7 of 7
latest reply