"Get it sold by sending an offer to buyers" does not work

Hi,

eBay is giving me the option to "Get it sold by sending an offer to buyers interested in your item" for an item that is been watch by a few people.

But when I send the offer, I have the error message "ITEM IS INVALID"

I checked that the item is still active and available on eBay and all is OK.

Any clue on how to solve this, so I can send an offer ?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

This came up a while ago.

Apparently it was supposed to roll out on dotCA but in fact is only available on dotCOM.

So if your listing is on eBayCanada, you can't do that.

tyler@ebay   Confirm?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @femmefan1946!

Hi @bergeronc1409  - offers to watchers on eBay.ca hasn't been rolled out yet. I'm working on getting any updates on when that will happen, but don't have a solid answer for you at the moment. 

Was this email from eBay.com or from eBay.ca? My understanding is that you should have the option if you listed the item on .com directly!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

This came up a while ago.

Apparently it was supposed to roll out on dotCA but in fact is only available on dotCOM.

So if your listing is on eBayCanada, you can't do that.

tyler@ebay   Confirm?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

It's also possible that the watchers on those particular listings have opted out of being sent offers.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @femmefan1946!

Hi @bergeronc1409  - offers to watchers on eBay.ca hasn't been rolled out yet. I'm working on getting any updates on when that will happen, but don't have a solid answer for you at the moment. 

Was this email from eBay.com or from eBay.ca? My understanding is that you should have the option if you listed the item on .com directly!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Although GTC has never worked for my items and I despise the fact that choice of duration has been taken away from sellers, in order to have fixed price listing there is no alternative anymore if a seller does use fixed price format. My recent experience with the Send offer placed on .ca listings that have a watcher, is that when that watcher ends/deletes/ceases watching an item, "Promote" listing replaces the "Send offer"

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks, I am on .CA 

I see that if I log on .COM I have the option, while it is not there on .CA

I guess I went on .COM and did not realized it, which is why I saw the option, but when I used it t refused because the item is listed from .CA

Regards

Christian

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Hi @bergeronc1409 - thanks for this update! I'm hoping we'll have more detail on when Canadian members can expect to see Offers to Watchers soon. Smiley Frustrated

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Had an opportunity to send a question to another .ca member just yesterday, browsed the seller's .ca listing while signed in to .ca , when I messaged the seller from the listing an option to " send offer" was there, I realize it probably was not functional but the link was there to try had I chose to. Also saw "reply with offer" link when the seller responed to my original question. Kind of confusing for everbody!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

Had an opportunity to send a question to another .ca member just yesterday, browsed the seller's .ca listing while signed in to .ca , when I messaged the seller from the listing an option to " send offer" was there, I realize it probably was not functional but the link was there to try had I chose to. Also saw "reply with offer" link when the seller responed to my original question. Kind of confusing for everbody!

Definitely don't disagree, lol @kawartha-ephemera.

There are a number of different 'make offer' tools out there. Everyone should have access to the 'private offer' feature available if a prospective buyer asks a question about an item. The other, newer feature is for a seller to proactively send an offer to folks watching the item. I was excited to see it announced earlier this year, but its roll-out has been delayed since. Hoping to see the newer feature for eBay.CA folks soon. *fingers crossed* 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

So I just sent an offer thru .com and it says the offer was sent. Not sure if a US or Can buyer though.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I got a dotCA email today saying the option was live on dotCA.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Hello Tyler,

Is the Review Sent Offer tab in Sellers Hub still a work in progress? Click on it, it really doesn't display any useful data such as date sent/end time or amount of offer? Possibly most important features to anyone using the Send Offer feature. I understand about not being able to view who you sent to due to privacy reasons. Also, if a new(Unique) watcher joins the party is the option to resend offers pretty much automatic or tape delay?

-Lotz

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Yeah, I think I'm going to stop using it considering it bugged one of my multi item listings where one item was sold. All of the things you mention are problematic to begin with.

I *think when new watchers come into the picture, the 'send offer to buyer' note appears again (it disappears after you send your offer to the buyer). One would assume that means the new offer only gets sent to the new watcher. BUT, I fear I'm going to send a higher offer to the same watcher, if that's not the case, so I'm afraid to send subsequent offers.

I hope me sending offers didn't bug up all my listings!
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@teenytrinkets 

Yes. Very true. When you receive an offer directly from a watcher at least you have the email confirmation for the basic history in situations were either they possibly return down the road or to remain consistent if you receive a new offer. When you contemplate a counter offer you are basing it on what you paid originally and the hopes of making 1 or 2  Canadian cents after fees. Hope 1 or 2 cents is not too pie in the sky mentality?

-Lotz

Message 15 of 15
latest reply