selling - re:drafts

Complete B.S.   I just spent all day creating drafts, go to upload the corresponding photos, and all drafts are missing except for the last twenty entered. After wasting another hour trying to recover/find them, I google the issue and the consensus is it will only save twenty. Nice. Maybe you could pull your heads out of your butts (I'm trying real hard to be pleasant and civil) and remove the 'items per page' at the bottom of the drafts page. This leads sellers to believe you can draft 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, up to 200 drafts. If this is not the case why do you offer the option to show up to 200 items per page. IDIOTS!   P.S. Your 'Help and Contact" pages are useless with a bunch of 'Popular Articles" and 'Help Articles' that lead nowhere. Useless. Why do you have to make everything so difficult?     

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Urrgh! That's awful.

Suggest that when you write your descriptions - and add HTML if you do that- that you do it in a text document on your desktop.

Save those and your pictures to a desktop folder.

Then you have them in case something awful happens.

Suspenders and a belt.

The pictures and the Descriptions are the most time consuming parts of listing, in my experience. 

You can also make  Templates that will save the similar parts of your Terms of Sale and Shipping preferences.
If you are listing a group of similar items just listing one by one then clicking on Sell Similar after each will prefill much of the Sell Your Item form.

BTW- have you found and switched to the Advanced Sell Your Item form yet? It offers many more options and is actually easier to manipulate.
Look in the top right corner of the overSimplified form for a link.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Have you tried listing any to see if the others show back up? I’ve had that happen before.

The best thing when doing a large quantity of drafts is to put them on scheduled listings for a far away date until you complete them. Just don’t forget about them.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It may depend on how you are viewing those drafts....were you checking your drafts using Seller Hub?  If you were using other method only 20 drafts will show, whereas using Seller Hub countless drafts will show. I currently have hundreds of listings in draft mode and often have 1400+drafts mainly because I don't have a store on eBay and all unsold listings disappear after 90 days. Because I alternate listings in auction format and fixed price, I try to keep unsold listings in both formats and often store them temporarily in draft mode rather than losing them after the 90 days. Draft mode does not save pictures for the full 30 days - I have found pictures for listings in draft mode only save for a couple of weeks. If listings are being saved in draft mode they need to be "edited" every 10-14 days to save the content and pictures, as any pictures accompanying those drafts will be lost.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ha Ha 'Suspenders and a belt'. A lesson and a laugh. I needed that! Checked out the Advanced sell too and I think I'll be using it from now on. Looks more to my liking. Thanks for the response.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes! Tried listing and mysteriously they came back one by one. I only lost 8-9 of the first page of drafts, which were there from an earlier date. An acceptable loss! Thanks for the advice. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Seller Hub - checked it out and that's where I'm headed next . Seems more like my speed. Thanks for the heads up and reply. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply