the same item I listing has sold for $10k but my item got taken off when listed for $6500 ?

ladiace
Community Member

E bay removed my listing but everyone  else is still selling

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

the same item I listing has sold for $10k but my item got taken off when listed for $6500 ?

The item in the listing was.....?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Victory VP200ESK Professional Cordless Electrostatic Handheld Sprayer

I looked at sold listings before posting.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It's not the product, it's you.

Probably.

New and occasional sellers (you being occasional) are restricted in the value and number of listings they can make.

Usually the number is around 20 and the value is around $500.

That would be 20 listings with values totalling $500 or one listing with an opening price of $500.

It's not a good idea to list high value items if you don't have much experience in selling on eBay.

Among other problems are:

• you are a target for scammers
  • you may not be able to spot fake emails
  • your customer's payment may not clear
  • your customer's cleared payment will be Held for up to 21 days against your performance
  • you may not have considered how to package and ship the product
  • you may underprice shipping (Free Shipping isn't)

It's not personal, every new seller works with the same restrictions. When I opened a new account (after more than 29 years of selling here) that account was restricted for a month until I could call and have them removed.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

So basically I cant sell this item on eBay at all.

They accused me of gouging in an email but that contradicts whats online.

They sent this on an email: 

Your listing didn't follow our Price gouging policy. Offering essential items at a price higher than is considered fair or reasonable is not allowed on eBay.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@ladiace wrote:

Victory VP200ESK Professional Cordless Electrostatic Handheld Sprayer

I looked at sold listings before posting.

You mean the one that has an MRSP of US$999 and is available from many suppliers for $700 - $800?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

These sprayers can be used to disinfect areas from COVID like hospitals and such, thats why they are selling for so much money and thats why eBay is clamping down now.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

i believe if you start it at 10$ and it gets bid up to 5,000$ you are fine, you just can't list an item that is worth 1,000$ for 6,500$.. when it is deemed essential..

If the market bids it up to stupid prices that isn't your fault.. But listing it for 5 times it's value is your fault..

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

There is no way to know if other similar/same items showing as completed & sold actually resulted in payment to the seller...

eBay could easily have cancelled those sales...

If eBay has now flagged OP's account, it may not matter at what price, OP may not be able to list said item at this time...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@esclyons 

If the market bids it up to stupid prices that isn't your fault.. But listing it for 5 times it's value is your fault..

Which is probably why eBay went to the "authorized dealers only (and eBay does the authorization)" system of prohibiting some products.

Although I suspect that many of those inflated auction prices were what the seller expected to get and complaints about removed auctions were less than honest.

@mrdutch1001 

There is no way to know if other similar/same items showing as completed & sold actually resulted in payment to the seller...

Some of the most ridiculous prices were pretty obvious trolling. Bidding would go along normally to strongly for a few hours, then WHOOMP! two or three bidders would go nuclear in less than an hour.

There may have been some toilet paper paid for at $50-60 for a pack of 12, but a bidding war that led to a $17,000 winning bid? Nah.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Price Gouging, you deserve to be removed from the site.

And, the OP lists it at $6500.00 starting price, yep they deserve to be banned.

Start it at $500.00 and let the market dictate, or the shill bidders...

This is the item in question I think, retail $699.99 usd

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/victory-innovations-vp200esk

Message 11 of 11
latest reply