unfair feedback

i have had an ebay store for nearly ten years now.i deal primarily in used semi and snowmobile parts.recently i have had to end my ebay relationship due to the effects of poor feedback.i had sent a truck component out in three packages due to weight.the customer received the first package and felt i had misled him with three in the ad and only sending one.in fairness there are people who market that way.my issue is thay ebay will not remove the bad feedback knocking my rating down to 91.7 from a pretty much 100%.with covid slowing my sales ,one bad feedback had a great effect on my feedback.the customer has received his parts and apologized for the misunderstanding .i immediately stopped my listings and then yesterday terminated my account.i refuse to list with a 91.7 rating...it is embarrasing.i am also an ebay shopper and feedback is the first thing i consider when purchasing..i wont even click the ad with a below 99% rating.i dont feel this is fair and it doesnt help antbody out there.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

unfair feedback

If you've had contact with the buyer afterward and they apologized ask them if they will revise the feedback. If they will you have to send the feedback revision request and then they can revise it.

If you have ebay communication that shows they got the 3 parts you might also be able to get ebay to remove it too.

PS the way you responded to the negative is perfect. If someone actually looks at your feedback they will see the professional response. If I saw your response I would not worry about purchasing from you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

unfair feedback

I would say its a bit of an overreaction on your part. Keep trying to call/ or chat with an ebay rep and get the feedback removed. If you have proof via the messaging system that the customer is happy they should be able to do it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

unfair feedback

The buyer will have to start the feedback removal process, not eBay.

Keep in mind that while it is true many sellers look at FB as a guide for trustworthiness, most do not look further than the rating, and most of those think 95% is a terrific score, like getting 95% on your arithmetic test.

EBay does not use feedback to assess member accounts, so you could have a 50% FB score and still be fine in eBay's eyes.

EBay does pay attention to Disputes and particularly to sellers who do not cooperate with that.

While you stopped using your account, it does not immediately terminate because eBay will be looking at it for their fees and also for Disputes on any shipments you may have that may come under the Money Back Guarantee.

If you wait 12 months, your FB will return to 0%, as if that neg never happened.  And of course, every sale also makes the ratio of positives to negatives change.

You can also mend it by shopping and receiving positive FB from your sellers.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply