unpaid item case

As many of you probably done before, I open an unpaid item case 

Ebay told me : by Dec 02, 2020 at 05:11:45 PM EST  if the item is still not paid close the unpaid case. The problem is that when trying to do so, Ebay ask me to answer if I received the money or not. I cannot chose No (its grey out) to the answer I have to answer Yes to the question and then close the case. however,  I have not received the money yet. 

So if I close the case saying I received the money, even though I haven't. will I  still received my credit. how do I fix this problem ??

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: unpaid item case

Do not click on the Yes button. Wait till the No button is highlighted. Otherwise you will Not recieve your credit as eBay will think you got paid by the buyer.  Also it has to be the Exact time that they say before you can close the claim or it will not give you the choice to press No.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry  I appreciated the fast response, thank you I will wait for it to appear

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It can't be closed until after that time and then I think you have about 30 days (?) to close it.

But you should be able to close it in about 20 minutes

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Open the case and close it after 96 hours have passed

96 hours = 24 hours x 4 days

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

thank you, it's faster than customer service over the phone. 

they stop it somehow

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

We gaily say it takes four days before we can Close a case, but actually it is 96 hours.

Perhaps even 96 hours and one second.

Computers are like that. .

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

hello, l have mine set up to automatically file an unpaid case after 4 days. l find in 99% of cases, if they haven’t paid after 3 days, they not going to.  But strangely, the last one, a few days ago, did not automatically close and refund me after 7 days. Instead l had to turn off the “assistant” and manually close the case to get an ebay refund. First time this has happened.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

hi, I appreciated the info.

After closing the case I still dont see the refund / credit ebay owe me. Where can I get it or see it ??

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

If there was no payment.

Then no refund.....or credit...

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

hi,

I think I missed an episode, I thought ebay would refund or credit the value of the product if the buyer did not purchase it. I mean they say them self they would credit me or something 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

You're likely referring to the final value fee.

More information here: https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fee-credits?id=4128
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

There will be a credit on your seller account.I haven’t had one in a while but I think it can be seen right away. Click on the following link and then click on ‘view all activity’

https://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&MyeBay=&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSellerAccounts&ssPageNa...

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

If there was no payment.

Then no refund.....or credit...

That’s true if you are in MP.  If the seller is still with PP the fvf is charged on the item as soon as the purchase is made and a credit is given when the unpaid case is closed.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Learn something new every day.....

With MP the fees are deducted after a payment has been received.

I have had two unpaid item situations with MP.....  No payment  received and no fees deducted.....

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

With PP a payment made by a credit card is issued any refunds to the card not the PP account.

Is this also true of MP?

It seems likely, if only because the buyer may be paying through PP although the seller is getting paid through Managed Payments.

My head hurts.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

I'm sure the when a purchase is credited the amount always goes back to the original payment source.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply