using freight forwarding

I have an offer on two items,the customer is in south korea,he wants me to use a freight forwarder in the usa.is this a bad idea?canada post is way too expensive.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

using freight forwarding

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

I have an offer on two items, the customer is in south korea, he wants me to use a freight forwarder in the usa. is this a bad idea? canada post is way too expensive.

Lots of overseas buyers use freight forwarders because it makes it much cheaper to buy from North America.

Check that the freight forwarder is legit (google / google maps).

Require signature on delivery to the forwarder, then your responsibility for INR ends at the forwarder.

And if you do ship to the USA forwarder -- use Canada Post's new Snap Ship with an extra 15% off ship cost until July 31.

-..-

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

using freight forwarding

It's fine as long as the forwarders address is the one that the buyer uses when he makes the payment.  I usually try to use a service with delivery confirmation when I am shipping to a forwarder.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

using freight forwarding

A seller's responsibility ends when the parcel reaches the freight forwarder.....

This is the address on Paypal,  

If a problem was noted by the freight forwarder, it is the seller's responsibility

If the freight forwarder found there was no problem with the parcel, and .If the buyer  then makes note of the problem... the problem is the responsibility  of the freight forwarder.

A seller must always be careful that they are protected......  up to the point the parcel reaches the freight forwarder

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

using freight forwarding

@cumos55 wrote:

A seller's responsibility ends when the parcel reaches the freight forwarder.....

If a problem was noted by the freight forwarder, it is the seller's responsibility

If the freight forwarder found there was no problem with the parcel, and .If the buyer  then makes note of the problem... the problem is the responsibility  of the freight forwarder.

A seller must always be careful that they are protected......  up to the point the parcel reaches the freight forwarder

While that would be true in the case of a non-receipt claim where the item shows as delivered to the forwarder, the buyer can still file a SNAD claim regardless.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

using freight forwarding

hlmacdon
Community Member

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

I have an offer on two items,the customer is in south korea,he wants me to use a freight forwarder in the usa.is this a bad idea?canada post is way too expensive.

Generally speaking no. I've had many international customers in countries I don't ship to who use the services of forwarders. From all of those transactions I've had 1 transaction that had an issue. As long as their forwarding address is the payment address then I am fine with it since I ship everything with tracking. You may want to double check with your customer that they have their address for the forwarder entered correctly since most forwarders will have a unique customer identifier as part of the address.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

using freight forwarding

@hlmacdon wrote:

@cumos55 wrote:

While that would be true in the case of a non-receipt claim where the item shows as delivered to the forwarder, the buyer can still file a SNAD claim regardless.

They can file a snad on ebay but if you can show that the package was forwarded they will not be covered by the Mbg.  However, sometimes the cs rep will need some prodding to close the case in your favour. 

i believe that PayPal will still cover them for a snad but they will have to pay for return shipping.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Not covered
Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options).
Items damaged during pick-up or shipping or not delivered when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight).
Duplicate claims through other resolution methods.
Items shipped to another address after original delivery.
Vehicles (see eBay Vehicle Protection), Real Estate, Websites & Business for Sale, Classified Ads, services, and some Business Equipment categories (see eBay Business Equipment Purchase Protection).
Items sold through Sotheby's.
Items purchased on half.com, eBay Wholesale Deals, or eBay Classifieds.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

using freight forwarding

I am ready to give up on sending items to third party forwarders in the US from Canada for them to forward elsewhere. Many of the items that I sell, because of the purchase price, go untracked to the US. Nobody is going to pay $20. for an item and then willingly pay $17.50 for tracked mail. I have had two claims in a month, and the purchasers opened the case, and eBay settled the case before the estimated delivery time to the US had even occurred.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

using freight forwarding

Zombie Thread from 07-09-2017

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

using freight forwarding

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 10 of 10
latest reply