varage sale inquires on ebay offical looking forms but not in ebay system just regular emails

hello everyone -- i have something new thats happened to me  last few days - getting inquiries from a site called " varage sale"  from a couple of their sellers asking if i still had a product or would sell it for less etc they just ask questions the site saids it from toronto  the panel which  these emails are on they come on is all ebay official looking forms   but does not show up in my ebay account  messages -- i have twice now just erased them  and asked their email account to be blocked  but does anyknow if these are real -- hate to turn business done --but iam very afraid of scams -- doker bohm 

any help? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

varage sale inquires on ebay offical looking forms but not in ebay system just regular emails

I don't know a lot about varagesale (nor ever used it) but it is a legitimate thing. In a general google search it says it's a virtual garage sale site and is based on your location (created by a mom). It has millions of users and you can log in from Facebook so they must be okay with it. Because it is location based I think it is maybe like kijiji or marketplace.

While I don't believe it is at all connected to eBay, my guess would be since eBay has made all the changes so it is easier for our stuff to appear in search engines from google or anywhere that someone was searching for an item you had and it brought them to your listings here. Hasn't happened to me (yet?) but I have my listings off for the bulk of the summer while I'm away. Will be interesting to hear if anyone else has seen heard about this, thanks for mentioning it here!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply