what do you think is the MOST useless thing on eBay is?

people who watch listings and never bid. i just had 2 closings with 13 watchers each and not 1 single bid upon closing.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: what do you think is the MOST useless thing on eBay is?

It is well known that most "watchers" are not bidders or buyers.  Often they are competitors, folks who may consider selling a similar item, or window shoppers (just curious).

I am down to about 70 items on my watch list: all competitors.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I find one of the most useless things is the eBay catalog. 

It has too many mistakes in it, and when you contact eBay to with the correct information, they NEVER make the changes.  They force the catalog on sellers, and even worse yet, will automatically assign catalog information to your listing if they think your item is the same. 

Even if your item is the the same as the one in the catalog, I don't want useless cut-and-paste information cluttering up my listing when the best information about any product should be from the manufactuer's website and from, what I as the seller, provide in the listing.

To make matters worse, when there is a mistake in the eBay catalog, eBay holds the seller responsible for selling a not as described item if the buyer complains about it, even I the mistake is eBay's. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Most Useless thing on Ebay is

FEEDBACK

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The most useless thing is eBay itself. If you are a seller from China and have a ton of negative feedback you get to keep selling. It's because they make eBay money. But if someone from the US had even a fraction of the negative feedback they would be banned. I think it is ridiculous that they are charge us to list our items. Final value fees is fair enough...it sells then I pay you for giving me the platform to sell my item. But to charge me to sell with no guarantee it will sell is ridiculous.

eBay treats most sellers like **bleep**. Not how to run a business.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@spendmoneyhere2014 wrote:

The most useless thing is eBay itself. If you are a seller from China and have a ton of negative feedback you get to keep selling. It's because they make eBay money. But if someone from the US had even a fraction of the negative feedback they would be banned. I think it is ridiculous that they are charge us to list our items. Final value fees is fair enough...it sells then I pay you for giving me the platform to sell my item. But to charge me to sell with no guarantee it will sell is ridiculous.

eBay treats most sellers like **bleep**. Not how to run a business.

Why are you still here then?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I see some of the most annoying things on eBay on here, but the most useless thing on eBay from a sellers point of view is the

spellcheck on Listing form ...... Smiley LOL 

The most useless item sold is ...huge bleep used granny pantiesSmiley LOL

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

When I first started selling here ebay always charged a listing fee and rarely had listing specials. I think that part of the reason they do charge is so that people do not continually list hundreds of items that need to be listed over and over and that may never sell.

If you had a store in a shopping mall do you think that the mall administration would tell you that if you didn't sell anything, that you wouldn't have to pay rent? Not a chance. Plus, like ebay, a mall charges a percentage of a store's gross sales. Obviously, that is a common way to run a business.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

what do you think is the MOST useless thing on eBay is?

Ranting, raving, and complaining.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Smiley LOL  I think Mr. Elmwood has the definative answer Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 10
latest reply