when do i get return of promo listing feature-is there a one year reset option ????

i have for about a year now due to cov 19  shutdowns  (could not ship  6 items over two week period)due to storage  unit closed due to cov19 outbreak and two cancellations  due to broken items found before shipment  i went from perfect seller to 3.21 defects and lost all features and  an extra 4% selling cost so now my selling costs by ebay are 20.2% of sale item and  i cannot use promo listings- which i liked and used - there has  to be now way to improve

i  got a low as 2.90 once last month - but now at 3.21 for one cancellation(one broken item tested just before I shipped it to make sure it works the way they should )--i sell breakers and plumbing supplies-

my question is this

i read here that after one year they reset your selling % below standand  to above standard -- is that true?/ - do you have to apply for it to be reset -- its been over a year since i had these 7 hits against me - does any one have a idea how to improve this stat -- so it doesn't cost me as much money as it does ?

getting ahold of their call centre- they just told to sell more hahahahah -- great answer - then i asked ok how do i sell more ---one call person suggested to just give things away till i reached the approved number needed ---if i could figure out what that exact number of items is i would consider it but i can't figure out what that number is 

help is sought if any one has a answer thanks inadvance

doker bohm

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

when do i get return of promo listing feature-is there a one year reset option ????

my question is this

i read here that after one year they reset your selling % below standand to above standard -- is that true?/ - do you have to apply for it to be reset -- its been over a year since i had these 7 hits against me - does any one have a idea how to improve this stat -- so it doesn't cost me as much money as it does ?

-------------

It doesn't work exactly like that but if the problem is that you have too many defects, each defect drops off after a year.   Once you have less than 5 out out of stock/damaged before shipping defects or your rate is 2% or lower, than you should become above average  after the following evaluation.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

one call person suggested to just give things away till i reached the approved number needed --

Boy that's helpful. Geez.

Although if you can add some very low cost items where you make little or nothing (but at least break even) it will help a little.

The Defects drop off automatically 12 months to the second after they were applied.

You won't necessarily go from Below Standard to Above Standard, but you should go to Standard.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Off topic, but everything from   

PLEASE IF YOU WANT A REFUND ....PLEASE...PLEASE... 

to

..... then you pay for it to return it

Should be dropped.

The few Buyers who read it will be turned off. You sound desperate.

You can refuse Returns, but that can be part of your Shipping page and doesn't require any explanation.

You can NOT refuse Refunds, but you can demand the return of a Disputed item, even if you have a No Returns policy.

And this does not need to be spelled out.

As a general "salesmanship" concept, everything in your advertisment should be positive, friendly, and sell the advantages of the product.

Most is actually covered by eBay's standard policies. And buyers don't care.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You won't necessarily go from Below Standard to Above Standard, but you should go to Standard.

There is only below standard, above standard and top rated.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply