why is ebay forcing refunds, before item is due to be arrived..

Buyer opened a case for item not received a week ago, even though ebay shipping says delivery by July 26..
I had 3 days to resolver or get a strike..  Why is the buyer even allowed to open a case, before ebay's estimated delivery date????

The amount of C $21.75 has been refunded to buyer. 

Estimated delivery: Mon, Jun 21, 2021 - Mon, Jul 26, 2021

esclyons_0-1626305716796.jpeg

1947 WALKER LIBERTY WALKING HALF DOLLAR 50 CENT PIECE COIN 47
Item price C $18.50
Quantity 1
Item number 224405062332
Shipping service
Economy Int'l Shipping

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: why is ebay forcing refunds, before item is due to be arrived..

That is terrifying.

Have you tried the FaceBook or Twitter customer services? There has been some good things said about their intelligence and comprehension of problems.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Could this be a claim made through PayPal rather than eBay? My understanding is that as eBay is the “merchant of record” for a PayPal payment made through Managed Payments, the claim is handled by eBay and it’s not going to look too much different than a MBG claim on the seller’s end.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Unless you shipped with tracking, that is going to happen because you #1 Ignored Ebay's seller requirements for shipping #2 you have no proof it actually was shipped.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@esclyons  it was definitely an inr and not a snad?  Those can get opened any time.

tyler@ebay 

I know that you can't comment on individual cases but what would be the circumstances when a buyer coukd open a case before the estimated delivery date?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It would be called a payment dispute if the seller is in MP and the case was opened in PP and it would look like a credit card dispute.  I haven't had either in MP yet so it's possible that they look more similar than I thought.

@deeeight 

Shipping with tracking is not a an eBay requirement unless the seller wants to win an inr claim.  As far as I know, the lack of tracking doesn't allow a buyer to open an eBay inr claim early.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

it was shipped next business, day.. i refunded, because there was no tracking to show where it was, and i didn't want ebay to step in, and me receive a defect. Has nothing to do with ignoring any ebay seller requirement.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yes definately an inr, that is why i refunded, as there was no tracking, trying to avoid a defect against me, i refunded the same day, even though the delivery estimate didn't pass.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

This is where Cookie Jar Insurance is useful.

The seller includes a small amount to every transaction to cover the occasional problem, like an INR on an untracked item.

Since the item is not tracked, the seller cannot win the INR dispute. Only Proof of Delivery does that.

But on a low procurement cost item, there can be enough from those tiny self-insurance premiums in the Cookie Jar to cover  most or all of the loss.

It's not perfect, and it doesn't work well on items that cost the seller a lot, but it is useful and makes selling less stressful.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It would be called a payment dispute if the seller is in MP and the case was opened in PP and it would look like a credit card dispute.  I haven't had either in MP yet so it's possible that they look more similar than I thought.

Ah, good catch.  I've seen and read the help page on "payment disputes" before but for some reason I thought it was specific to credit card chargebacks.  I guess it could also apply to payments made by other means as well.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply