Hash Tags

Are we allowed to use Hash Tags in the bottom of our description section?

Has anyone used them?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hash Tags

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @chastershop - creative thinking, I like it! 

However, hashtags aren't designed to sync with our search in the way they do on Twitter or Instagram. 

A better course of action would be to use the Item Specifics fields to the full extent that is relevant for your item. These behave similar to hashtags in that the filter options for buyers will relate directly to what you input there. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hash Tags

marnotom!
Community Member
Hashtags? To what ends? AFAIK, eBay's old school platform doesn't support them and keyword searches accomplish pretty much the same thing.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hash Tags

I'm under the impression (sorry, bad pun) that sellers are to the point of trying almost anything to generate business and increase sales. Even if was the thought of adding Hashtags. See attached. I'm still not seeing any increased traffic directly related to google searches. On an indirectly related note, what are buyers seeing on smartphones? I had one customer ask me recently if something would work on an ipad2 where it was specifically noted in the listing title and another customer who wanted to arrange pickup because he found my listing and thought I was in Toronto even though all my listings clearly state Calgary.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/7/1563325124.html

-Lotz

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hash Tags

I had one customer ask me recently if something would work on an ipad2 where it was specifically noted in the listing title

Nothing new there. Besides the Buyers Don't Read* problem, there are buyers who ask a random question to discern the seller's customer service skills.

It's my understanding that the first four words in a Title are the most important for mobile customers, and that's something I picked up on the Boards so it may mean more than if it were an eBay suggestion.

*And neither do sellers all too often.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hash Tags

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @chastershop - creative thinking, I like it! 

However, hashtags aren't designed to sync with our search in the way they do on Twitter or Instagram. 

A better course of action would be to use the Item Specifics fields to the full extent that is relevant for your item. These behave similar to hashtags in that the filter options for buyers will relate directly to what you input there. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hash Tags

People use Hashtags in Twitter and often I see them in Instagram and Facebook.  I am a business owner and like any other business owner, we look for ways to improve all the time. 

Thanks for your replies everyone 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply