Turbo Lister

vincenzo@ebay.com
Community Member
For Turbo Lister questions, issues and discussions...
Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

Hi Looking for some help!  Got a new computer system for Xmas...everything is set up...exported files...installed turbo lister..installed files..everything is seemingly OK..except that when in turbo lister it doesn't show STORE CATEGORIES in the details...everything i've upload i've had to go in and manually revise (as it's showing the last categories I had for the last listing I did before we changed everything).

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi kiralicious,

Sorry, so you are saying you do not see a spot to enter your store categories on the item page?  This won't be in the details section, but directly below the eBay category.

If you are not seeing this, you will want to try checking for updates.  You can do this by going to Tools-Check for Program Updates.

Regards,

Ketty

eBay Turbo Lister Support

Message 41 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

The ability to add Ebay Catolgue details to my blu-ray movie listings in Turbo Lister has vanished. I've launched several Blu-ray auctions using Turbo Lister in the past weeks where I had to immediately revise the auction online to include those standardized details. This is unfortunate because Ebay has a pricing promotion if you use the catalogue. I've had to reinstall this application twice in the past two weeks because of other buggy issues, and I'm hoping I don't have to do so again. I also have problems creating a neat bullet-point list in the "Additional Instructions" section. It forces a 'word wrap' situation online regardless of how it looks offline in Turbo Lister. Is there some HTML/ASCII/??? way I can keep the formatting I desire? I'd also love to get rid of the annoying Turbo Lister logo insertion at the bottom of all my listings; Is there a way to do that? Thank you for your assistance.

Message 42 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

The ability to add Ebay Catolgue details to my blu-ray movie listings in Turbo Lister has vanished. I've launched several Blu-ray auctions using Turbo Lister in the past weeks where I had to immediately revise the auction online to include those standardized details. This is unfortunate because Ebay has a pricing promotion if you use the catalogue. I've had to reinstall this application twice in the past two weeks because of other buggy issues, and I'm hoping I don't have to do so again. I also have problems creating a neat bullet-point list in the "Additional Instructions" section. It forces a 'word wrap' situation online regardless of how it looks offline in Turbo Lister. Is there some HTML/ASCII/??? way I can keep the formatting I desire? I'd also love to get rid of the annoying Turbo Lister logo insertion at the bottom of all my listings; Is there a way to do that? Thank you for your assistance.

Hi pattycakes,

I am sorry to hear of those troubles you are having with Turbo Lister.  I will be happy to help with this catalog issue.  To resolve this I would recommend you go to Tools-Install Complete Version Update.  This will run a repair on your program and should take care of it.

For your additional instructions, regrettably no, there wouldn't be a way to html or any formatting to that section of the program.

The tag that is added to the bottom of your description is done with html, since you use the program this will always automatically add. There wouldn't be a feature specific to Turbo Lister to get that removed.

Regards,

Ketty

Message 43 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Additional Instructions is a text only field, no HTML. It is the same in the online Sell Your Item form. Not even a new line break allowed.

As for the Turbo Logo, I had a similar problem when I used Selling Manager Pro which uses the online Sell Your Item form to create/revise and submit listings.  It always would add a SM Pro logo/Credit upon submitting a listing. I noticed that it would not add a second credit HTML/Logo if it was already in the saved template/listing. I then added some HTML that made it invisible but still be in the listing. I had the SM Pro logo/HTML code in my template (invisible display) I used to create a new listing and when I listed, SM pro thought it was already there and did not add it. So the invisible logo trick worked to not display the original log and prevented a second logo/credit being added.

I will try to find the simple code to make it invisible and see if Turbo Lister behaves the same.

Message 44 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

My problem: during the previous free listing, I had to upload 4000 items - usually no problem.  But, every item I tried to upload came up with the error message that Category 216 would only accept custom item specifics.  I have uploaded many of the same items in the past and never had that message.  I was able to get around the problem by moving my items into Waiting To Upload and bulk deleting the item specifics using the edit menu.

Today, I am attempting to upload many of the same lots.  All lots are giving me the same error message as above.  Today, I am unable to edit item specifics.  I have to go into each lot and remove the item specifics.  At this rate, I will be here for another 14 hours and only get a quarter of what I want to upload onto eBay.

HELP!

Message 45 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

To add insult to injury, I just went back to Turbo Lister and it is frozen!!!!!!

Message 46 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Additional Instructions is a text only field, no HTML. It is the same in the online Sell Your Item form. Not even a new line break allowed.

As for the Turbo Logo, I had a similar problem when I used Selling Manager Pro which uses the online Sell Your Item form to create/revise and submit listings.  It always would add a SM Pro logo/Credit upon submitting a listing. I noticed that it would not add a second credit HTML/Logo if it was already in the saved template/listing. I then added some HTML that made it invisible but still be in the listing. I had the SM Pro logo/HTML code in my template (invisible display) I used to create a new listing and when I listed, SM pro thought it was already there and did not add it. So the invisible logo trick worked to not display the original log and prevented a second logo/credit being added.

I will try to find the simple code to make it invisible and see if Turbo Lister behaves the same.

I tried the HTML trick to fool TL into thinking the logo code was already there and it did not work. It worked with Selling Manager Pro.

In case anyone is interested in how this is done with HTML, you use an inline style command for visibility and a DIV statement around the block of code you want to make invisible.

So it would go as

your block of code

The block of code still takes space in the listing.

The two option for visibility are visible and hidden.

Message 47 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Still getting the same error message today. 

I figure that I clicked the mouse an average of 16 times fro ever lot I uploaded from Turbo Lister to eBay yesterday.  I had to physically edit (remove) all the item specifics before it would accept them for uploading.  That is over 28000 mouse clicks n one day.  No wonder my wrist and hand hurt.

Message 48 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Try posting in the eBay.com Turbo Lister forum. jleo is a regular eBay seller who answers post there every day about using TL and well as helping with issues. Also, eBay support staff like Ketty seem to monitor that forum more often than here.

Message 49 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

joe_sells_it
Community Member

Is there anyway in TL to have he description builder/editor default to full screen?

Thanks

joe

Message 50 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Is there anyway in TL to have he description builder/editor default to full screen?

Thanks

joe

Hi joesellit,

I apologize but there is not a way to have this default to full screen. It will always open as a smaller window within the program.

Regards,

Vestan

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 51 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

joese - the first time you go to that screen, stretch it with your mouse (mouse over the sides until you get a two-sided arrow) and "pull" the sides until they are the size you want (do the top and bottom if needed as well). Do you know what I mean? That setting should stay after you edit your listing.

Message 52 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I have 2 ebay accounts and 1 turber lister. Do I have to set up another turbo lister to list items on my second account?

Message 53 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I have 2 ebay accounts and 1 turber lister. Do I have to set up another turbo lister to list items on my second account?

Hi catsnewwife,

You would actually use the same installation of Turbo Lister. Turbo Lister allows you to have multiple user files in the program. To create a new one, click File > New > User File and then select to open a new file in the program.

You can switch between the user files by clicking File > Change User.

Regards,

Vestan

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 54 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

When you set up the second eBay user name in your TL, you have no inventory or templates.  To move inventory templates from the old user, export the items to a CSV file, then switch user to the new account, then import from the CSV file you made.

It an be confusing which account has what items so try to be organized.

Message 55 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

Re: Free Pictures

The catagory I sell in is antiques, I have just found out that pictures have been free since 2009. Where in Turbo Lister do I upload them? Is it from the first page of the edit screen? And will the pictures appear in the body of my description so people don't have to mouse and move and click and close and click and do a bunch of zipping around? Thanks!

Message 56 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

You should be getting the extra free pictures automatically if you use more than one picture int the categories mention on eBay.com (not ebay.ca).

To get the free pictures, use the Picture Pack option.  This will give you Zoom and Enlarge - Supersize. You should see this in Listing Upgrades on the right in Turbo Lister when you create/revise a listing.

Test with one listing so that you know what is charged. Turbo Lister will give an estimate and it may not take into account the special categories with free Picture Pack. Verify with your online My eBay account fees charged. It may take a few minutes to get the correct fees online if the system is busy with many listings. (like on free promotion days.)

If you are revising / editing older listings, you must delete the existing pictures and click Picture Pack, then upload the pictures again.

Now as far as I know, if you already listed with extra pictures in those free categories, then you never got charged.

When I checked some older completed listings, I see that you used PhotoBucket and placed extra pictures in the description. So it looks like you never used the eBay free pictures because you did not know.

Too bad I never noticed before. I have helped you in the past and I usually look at listings to see how a seller lists. I might have caught it.

Using eBay pictures instead of PhotoBucket will save a lot of time.

Message 57 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

hi poco - you are correct, I never knew about free pics until today. I won't bemoan the lost time in the last few years of loading my pictures from photobucket...but will be HAPPY to see the end of it!

But even when I created a listing directly in ebay, I always got the message "Your first picture is free" so I never twigged on. Ah well, a wonderful fellow ebay helped me years and years ago, showing me how to use the html screen so I've never had to pay for pictures.

I will be listing in the next few days, and will try loading pics the "new" way.  Thanks! 

Message 58 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

cats, With the new rules for ebay photos coming into effect soon, make sure that you are complying with the new rules.  Just so you do not have to do the work twice ... 🙂

Message 59 of 102
latest reply

Turbo Lister

I've been taking picture on "M3" on my camera which gives me about 1100 pixels on one side. If I use my older web hosted pictures, 640 x 480, TL says they are too small for eBay picture hosting and they should be larger. However, when I look at my actual listings I don't see much difference.

Now we are told today to use at least 500 pixels. Should I be retaking all those 640 pixel photos or does it matter? Does TL really care? Whose rule do I go by?

Message 60 of 102
latest reply