buyers cannot buy multiple items

hi,  i have a shop on ebay canada.

i get emails from buyers who have problems, if they want to buy more than 1 item.

they can not go back to the shop, but have to pay first.

some customers who want to buy multiple items, pay twice the shipping cost.

ofcourse i pay the money back, because i'll send the items in 1 packed.

what is the error on ebay?

this happens the last weeks.

there will be buyers,  who do not send a mail, but not buy more.

more people with this problem.

chris  ( the Netherlands )

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

This is a well-known technical failure of the shopping cart/bag on ebay.com and ebay.co.uk to calculate combined postage (multi-item purchases) from sellers who are registered at any site other than ebay.com or ebay.co.uk. If you search the discussion board for 'shopping cart disconnect' you will find multiple threads about it. There is not much that we, as sellers, can do but here is what I put on the payment section of all my listings:

Seller's payment instructions

If you are shopping from ebay.com or ebay.co.uk, you will discover you cannot add items listed on ebay.ca to your US Cart or UK Basket. Log into www.ebay.ca to take full advantage of our combined postage discounts and free shipping promotions. You’ll be glad you did

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

hi - thank you for your replay, but i never had this problem.
this is from the last month.
i think ebay has chanched something.
a client of mine, called with ebay, and they told him, about an error in ebay, and they're working on it.
i hope so, because i lose customers.
chris
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Have you recently enrolled in a Global Shipping Program? This may happen either accidentally or on purpose. You must also check that you don't have 'Immediate Payment Required' checked among your selling preferences. It might have checked itself as a default. Or are you mixing currencies? Listings in CAD and USD etc cannot be combined into one bill. But I do suspect your problem is related to the incompatibility between the sites and their inherent shopping carts.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

no, everything is okay, and everything is in us dollars, a swedish buyer had the same problem, and i asked him to loggin in canada, he did, and no problem there.
have not enrolled in a global shipping program.
there mus be a error in the Mutual ebay sites.
the problem is, not everyone sends me a mail, if they have problems with multiple objects.
regards chris
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I have lost sales AND buyers due to this. I contacted customer service and they told me to explain to my buyers how to do it. To add to care instead of BIN it. First off, it is not my job to teach buyers how to use a failed system. Second, even after explaining it did not work.

I lost two buyers 100% due to this. And not only that, when the buyer purchases 10 items and pays shipping individually for 10 items (with high Canadian shipping costs), once you have refunded them, do you realize how much money you have lost in Ebay and paypal fees. It makes no sense and ebay isn't doing anything about it it seems.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

hi...you'r problems are the same, i have, and i lost buyers, and how many buyers,try for purschasing multiple items,
( witch fails), and send you no mail, and don't come back.
i know where the problem is ( it's in ebay )
if someone wants to buy multiple items, ft they click, on buy it now, then they must click on, comitted to buy, and the, they got the link pay now.
before the problems started,was there , below the link, pay now , a link back to the shop.
and that link, is no longer there ( a client of mine ( new york ), has tested it for me )
another client, with the same problems ( i ask him, go to ebay canada, and try it there ) he had no problems in canada, because, the link, back to the shop, was there.
what can we do, i think nothing, but we are losing customers, and the only one who can fix it, is EBAY.
why do they nothing.
regards........chris ( the Netherlands )
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It's an ebay.COM and ebay.CO.UK problem. The shopping carts for ebay.ca and virtually the rest of the world were created to run together but ebay.com and ebay.co.uk were grandfathered so they can't cope with listings from other ebays. Ebay as a corporation knows about this but does not care enough to fix it. I agree it is a huge turnoff for buyers and creates countless giant headache problems for sellers like us. The only thing that you can do is complain often and loudly to ebay.com and hope the message will register. And try that 'log into ebay.ca' message in the payment section of your listings. I noted it in the Comments above. 

Don't forget that if you refund postage in full in order to manually combine an order that failed because of the ebay.com shopping cart dysfunction, you should call ebay to demand they refund YOU the final value fee paid on shipping for those items.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

it's not just ebay.com or ebay.uk , but also ebay.ca.
a client of mine has called with ebay.com, and the answer was, we know of the problem, but...
why they do nothing ???
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I am logged into ebay.ca right now and using it to put your multiple items into my shopping cart with no trouble.

Your customer MUST be logged into ebay.ca to use the ebay.ca cart BUT you must, as a seller, have the listings all in a single currency in order to checkout together and I see yours are not. There are EURO and USD and I've only looked at a few today. Those will never checkout in the same transaction. There is a message for me that says, "You have more than one currency in your cart, so you'll complete checkout for each currency separately." If I were to Request Total from Seller, it would make me checkout separately for each currency and that has nothing to do with a shopping cart problem, that's a seller problem to fix. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply