Shippo charges me, Canda post says label is not paid for

I created a label for an Ebay sale.

My Paypal account was charged. So I've paid Shippo.

When I when to Canada Post, they said the label was not paid for, and although they scanned the label, they could not ship it. The receipt says, "Distribution order blocked for credit".

What a waste of time, money and energy. 

A labeling app, that makes you pay for a label that is not accepted by the Post Office. Oh joy.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It’s not Shippo.

It’s an under-trained postal clerk who doesn’t know how to properly induct a Supplier Account label.

That clerk needs educating by their authorized dealer store manager or the CPC regional supervisor. If this happened to me, I’d call the 1-800-Canada Post number to insist upon it.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That isn’t the norm so it is either a new glitch or an input problem at the PO. Did you take it to the post office or an outlet?  Sometimes the outlets are confused about how to enter those labels.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

‘Distribution order blocked for credit’ is exactly what the receipt prints when the clerk tries to incorrectly enter a Shippo label as a Commercial shipment instead of under Supplier Account. It’s been this way since Shippo came.

Old error, same old error. The clerk needs to be properly trained on how-to do it.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

OP, if you already paid again for a new shipping label at the postal outlet, you can login to your shippo account and request for a refund (it only comes in the form of credit for future use). It takes a couple weeks for shippo to process the refund as they have to verify that you indeed didn't use the label.

PS. I never experienced any issues with Shippo. I think it's because I live in Vancouver so the postal outlets are familiar with online sellers.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Alternatively, the Shippo label is paid so if the OP was feeling determined, they could still mail the parcel either by attending a more knowledgeable postal dealer or the clerk on another shift, or by depositing it in a street letterbox. It will be scanned at the local distribution centre as it would with any other package.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply