Why some listings just don't appear in search results/lists for me?

Even when using ebay.com, some listings aren't in search results or seller's item listings. It's not even a private listing. In order to view items like these, I need to be given a direct link to it. But other people don't have this problem. Here's one example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prototype-Mega-Man-3-NES-Nintendo-Proto-/141961901250?rmvSB=true

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

You have listed on eBay.com with shipping to the USA only.

As such your listing will not be seen on eBay.ca

It is seen on eBay.com with 21 watchers abd 6 viewers per hour

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

As Pierre said, you have shipping to the U.S., not to Canada. Even if you look on .com, you probably will not find it in search if you have a Canadian address. I can only see if it I change my location to the U.S. in the shipping tab or at the top of the search page.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I should clarify; this is not my listing and also, the result is missing even when I'm not signed in. More than that, I can see other listings that only ship to the US even though I'm in Canada. I forgot to mention that this wasn't the first time this happened; I encountered this problem one time before but didn't think much of it at the time.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Sorry, I didn't even look at the seller's name.

I also see some listings on .com that do not ship to Canada but that is usually because the seller is not actually blocking international buyers with the blocks that eBay provides. If the seller does set up their blocks correctly then you will not see their listings most of the time.  I won't say that it happens all the time because things here are not always consistent.

Even if you are not signed in the site will usually know which country you are in. 

Anyway, if you are not seeing that listing, then the system is working the way that they've set it up to work.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

owlgebra
Community Member
Sellers can specify which places they sell to, but that specification alone does not prevent people from seeing the listings. There is a separate setting concerning blocking people outright from the places that the seller has not included as places they sell to. Some sellers do that, some don't. I find the view-blocking needless and it skews my understanding of what merchandise exists in the world and at what rarity so I hate it.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for this information, it makes sense now. I agree with owlgebra about this feature; it's really making me wonder how much I've missed in searches over the years. Even if I wouldn't be able to purchase any items, I'd at least know what else is out there.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Search is not working by item #

Tried to relist unsold items, can't find it, looked for sold items, same story.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

What is the listing number you are trying to relist?  When did it end?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@goldnideas wrote:

Search is not working by item #

Tried to relist unsold items, can't find it, looked for sold items, same story.

I had the issue yesterday. I thought it was me or a temporary eBay glitch.

I just tried some of you listings item numbers and all okay. I tries some of pierre listings and all OK. Search worked.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

If you are searching using the item number for non active listings you have to click on completed or sold on the left side of the search page in order to see the listing. That is a fairly recent change.

Isn't it easier though to relist form selling manager or my eBay?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If you are searching using the item number for non active listings you have to click on completed or sold on the left side of the search page in order to see the listing. That is a fairly recent change.

Isn't it easier though to relist form selling manager or my eBay?

Very interesting. I do not remember if it was active or completed listing when I was searching and had the issue.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Unsold (not active) items is not visible in ebay search.  Even "completed listing"  shows 0 result.

I'm also having trouble with changing currency which is lead to payment acceptance (aka PP) and disappearing Fixed Price. Ugh...

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@bestchoicebrand wrote:

Unsold (not active) items is not visible in ebay search.  Even "completed listing"  shows 0 result.

I'm also having trouble with changing currency which is lead to payment acceptance (aka PP) and disappearing Fixed Price. Ugh...

Did you read my post on how to see those items in search?

What sort of problems are you having when you try to change a currency in a completed listing?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply