March 23rd 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

There was an important announcement yesterday, one which I'm sure most of you have heard about. I'd invite anyone wanting to discuss that topic to do so on the special discussion thread dedicated to it: 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Updates/Retirement-of-USD-from-eBay-ca-Selling-Flows/m-p/330106#U...

For any other topics, please post here and I'll come to respond throughout the day. Thanks!

Open issues:

• Current emerging issue with Revise - cause is identified and teams are working on a fix
  • Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Sold items going into Unsold container - Team is investigating using live example provided
  • Safari browser SYI exhibiting erratic behaviour when trying to select text in description - Ticket open, SYI team working on it
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - under investigation with shipping team
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Monthly Selling Limits

I sent you an email regarding this Limits counters not working properly and being out all the time. I also posted to this weekly session forums.

Any news on this? Is it still being looked into?

I find the it most annoying for the Monthly Selling Limits to show garbage data like this.

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

Hi Raphel

I have a question regarding the promo offers that are out right now.

Apparently there are quite a few. I am talking about the promo for 20% FVF discount for 100 k listings and the Promo for 100 k free listings.

My concern is that if I activate the 20% FVF promo I will defeat the 100 K free listing promo.

The FVF promo states that insertion fees still apply.

So if I activate the FVF promo before activating the Free listing Promo do I have to list 100 k listings for that promo before I would start getting free listings in the 100 k free listing promo?

I have been assured by forum members that if I activate both at the same time i will get the 100 k free listings and the 20% FVF will apply to any that are sold. It seemed quite obvious to the other members that this is how it would work, but because of that line in the FVF promo about listing fees still apply, I just want to make sure before I decide to activate it.

Could you please clarify this for me

Thanks

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Monthly Selling Limits

I sent you an email regarding this Limits counters not working properly and being out all the time. I also posted to this weekly session forums.

Any news on this? Is it still being looked into?

I find the it most annoying for the Monthly Selling Limits to show garbage data like this.

Hi Pocomo,

Let me ping back the email thread I had going about this.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

@around_again_records wrote:

Hi Raphel

I have a question regarding the promo offers that are out right now.

Apparently there are quite a few. I am talking about the promo for 20% FVF discount for 100 k listings and the Promo for 100 k free listings.

My concern is that if I activate the 20% FVF promo I will defeat the 100 K free listing promo.

The FVF promo states that insertion fees still apply.

So if I activate the FVF promo before activating the Free listing Promo do I have to list 100 k listings for that promo before I would start getting free listings in the 100 k free listing promo?

I have been assured by forum members that if I activate both at the same time i will get the 100 k free listings and the 20% FVF will apply to any that are sold. It seemed quite obvious to the other members that this is how it would work, but because of that line in the FVF promo about listing fees still apply, I just want to make sure before I decide to activate it.

Could you please clarify this for me

Thanks

Hi around_again_records,

I can confirm that these promos will not disrupt one another. One will give you zero insertion fees and the other, a discount on your FVF. The mention on the FVF promo that insertion fees still apply has to be there because that specific promo doesn't cover insertion fees. 

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

A  question about the 100,000 promotion available only for Canadian currency listings.

Why the strict CAD currency restriction?

Do you not realize there is absolutely no way to get USD listings into CAD listings on ebay.ca nor ebay.com? Other than manually 'sell similar' each listing individually.

A manual 'sell similar' takes about 2-3 minutes to update shipping and calculate the new CAD bid amount and as they can only be done one at a time.

As a seller with 800 unsold listings, it would take 2400 minutes or 40 hours of hellish work.

Without a new promotion THIS WEEK - for re-lists of expiring USD listings - there is no hope for Canadian sellers who have USD listings since the last promotion is so long ago that many have unsold listings that will disappear after 60 days after ending in January 2016.

Will there be another new USD listing promotion on ebay.ca for sellers THIS WEEK?

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

@ight.coin wrote:

A  question about the 100,000 promotion available only for Canadian currency listings.

Why the strict CAD currency restriction?

Do you not realize there is absolutely no way to get USD listings into CAD listings on ebay.ca nor ebay.com? Other than manually 'sell similar' each listing individually.

A manual 'sell similar' takes about 2-3 minutes to update shipping and calculate the new CAD bid amount and as they can only be done one at a time.

As a seller with 800 unsold listings, it would take 2400 minutes or 40 hours of hellish work.

Without a new promotion THIS WEEK - for re-lists of expiring USD listings - there is no hope for Canadian sellers who have USD listings since the last promotion is so long ago that many have unsold listings that will disappear after 60 days after ending in January 2016.

Will there be another new USD listing promotion on ebay.ca for sellers THIS WEEK?

Hi ight.coin,

There are no planned eBay.ca promos for USD listings coming up. Sorry if that causes you inconvenience, but our current plan is to use the few promos we can launch to stimulate adoption for CAD listings. 

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

Speaking of that announcement, can you send someone (from eBay Canada) back to that discussion thread? The angry mob there is seething in a sea of ill-informed fury. I'm on the verge of losing my temper there. I've tried to correct some of the clear misunderstandings but I don't want to draw the ire of the lynch mob in its entirety. 

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

That is appalling, Angela Stairs announcement said... "I acknowledge that this change will create work for our affected sellers. The eBay Canada team will be working hard to help these sellers through this transition. The custom eBay Listing Migration Tool we’re building is just one example of our commitment to supporting our affected sellers."

You are not providing any tools that shows you are "working hard to help sellers through this transition".

Not only that, you disign the promotion to be the most hurtful and work-making by using it as an opportunity to push the CAD only listing agenda at a time when the Listing Migration Tool is not available, The Listing Migration Tool is needed today, not in 6 weeks!

How thoughtless. Shame on ebay!

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

For us Canadians who do already list on .com a promotion for .com listings as well would have been nice. I think some sellers got one but (and I could be wrong) I think they were maybe legacy sellers. I do continue to list anyway and pay the fees but I feel a bit left out. 😀😟

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

If we are a Canadian listing on .com, will be cut off from .com listing specials as we are not in the US?

Are we better off to move those listings to our actual .com account in the US to get listing specials on .com.

This is very crucial to where stores are located and where and how we list.

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

Are we still going to get our 20% TRS FVF discount as a Canadian listing on .com from Canada or will they be removing that as well?

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

Will they also be removing our ability to list equal amounts on .ca and .com as we are the only country that can do that now with a store.

In other words, if we have a store right now we can list 300 on .ca and 300 on .com. How long before we can only list 300 on .ca and 50 on .com?

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

How long before they change the TRS requirements on .ca to be the same as other countries?

How long before what is listed on .com will not receive the discount any more as we are not meeting .com requirements?

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

"Are we still going to get our 20% TRS FVF discount as a Canadian listing on .com from Canada"

That question was answered yesterday on the other board.

Canadians with TRS receive the 20% rebate on ALL sales on eBay.com and eBay.ca

I know for a fact since I have sold on both sites in both currencies and received 20% on ALL my FVF for many years.

Message 15 of 64
latest reply

Good afternoon.

One small comment if I may.

I wish the folks at eBay.ca and eBay.com would have shown a bit more cooperation and communication and NOT offer a multitude of promotions on both sites, at the same time, on the very day eBay.ca announces that it will become a single currency site like all other eBay sites.  More so when the eBay.ca promotions require listing in Cdn$ hours before eBay.ca made the announcement of the currency change.

That was not your most memorable hour.  If I may be candid, that was a dumb move.

It may have been preferable to:

1) announce the change to single currency site like all other sites

2) take a day or two to explain the change and the tools available to help sellers wishing to migrate

3) a few days or a week later offer a promotion or two to Canadian sellers listing in Cdn$.

That would have been a logical progression, don't you think?

Message 16 of 64
latest reply

So did I, but they also said and did many things for years which are now being changed. Hence my question

Message 17 of 64
latest reply

Hi, I have been trying to get into my Selling Manager on this store account on ebay.ca but I can't seem to find a way. If I go to my summary page there is no way to get to Selling Manager page, it takes me to .com only. I wanted to see if I had received the Promo offer for Canadian listings but can't get there to see it and It won't show up on .com, only on .ca. 

I tried on numerous browsers and my ipad too. Same thing. I know I used to be able to go to Manage My Store and from there to Selling Manager but can't even do that now as no more Manager My Store either on my home page on .ca. On my other store ID it works okay.

Please help!!

Message 18 of 64
latest reply

Possibly you are registered with Selling Manager on eBay.com and not on eBay.ca

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellingmanager.html

Message 19 of 64
latest reply

Go to the links of the specials and click on the accept to see what happens.

I got an email for the 100,000 listing special, not the FVF one and I accepted. It says I am OK but still is not showing in selling manager.

Who knows, maybe too many floating around, big bugs or?

I am going to try 1 listing this afternoon to see what happens.

Message 20 of 64
latest reply