March 23rd 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

There was an important announcement yesterday, one which I'm sure most of you have heard about. I'd invite anyone wanting to discuss that topic to do so on the special discussion thread dedicated to it: 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Updates/Retirement-of-USD-from-eBay-ca-Selling-Flows/m-p/330106#U...

For any other topics, please post here and I'll come to respond throughout the day. Thanks!

Open issues:

• Current emerging issue with Revise - cause is identified and teams are working on a fix
  • Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Sold items going into Unsold container - Team is investigating using live example provided
  • Safari browser SYI exhibiting erratic behaviour when trying to select text in description - Ticket open, SYI team working on it
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - under investigation with shipping team
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: March 23rd 2016 Weekly Session

"I'm dubious that if I change over to .com, "

I agree that there are risks in shifting all listings to the US site (eBay.com) simply to continue selling in US$.

Like all major changes made by eBay over the years, I have found over time it is best to adapt than try to re-invent the wheel.

I see you have over 16,300 eBay transactions in the last sixteen years.  Impressive.  I am confident you experienced these many changes and adapted to survive and prosper on this site. 

In the "good old days" when I was active (prior to my retirement) I typically maintained over 3,000 listings in my stores (over 40,000 items) worth well in excess of $300,000.  It was challenging, more so when eBay kept on changing the rules or their policies.

After giving eBay a piece of my mind when I did not like the changes (including face-to-face with the president and several vice-presidents in San Jose, CA and the country manager in Toronto) I rolled up my sleeves and got to work.

Good Luck.

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

"isn't it possible they rolled out these promotions to encourage us to end listings in US dollars and convert them to Canadian now and give us essentially 150,000 free listings to do so? "

Yes and I have already told them that was NOT a very smart move.  They should have first advised Canadian sellers of the policy change, address questions and comments for a few days - not over a holiday weekend - and then start a promotion exclusively for Canadians.

Instead of using logic, eBay Inc (eBay.com) came up with a promotion on the .com site where some Canadians were invited (I was) while eBay.ca came up with several different promotions all requiring listing in Cdn$ - prior to announcing the policy change.

Sometimes I wonder......

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

@rainbow71113 wrote:

isn't it possible they rolled out these promotions to encourage us to end listings in US dollars and convert them to Canadian now and give us essentially 150,000 free listings to do so? 

Hi rainbow71113,

The current running promos are specifically aimed at giving Canadian sellers some added incentive to try listing in CAD. We are confident that those who do will see the benefits and ultimately adopt the practice. 

Message 63 of 64
latest reply

This concludes our weekly session. See you next week!

Message 64 of 64
latest reply