Canada Post - Ontario Sorting Facilities

Does anyone know where the major Canada Post sorting facilities are in Ontario?  I know of the one in Mississauga.

Am trying to figure out the route (and from that, possible delivery time) for a Lettermail item going from Burlington to Burgessville, Ontario.

It would go Burlington -> Mississauga ... but then where?  Would there be another sorting station stop before delivery to Burgessville?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@garagesalenuts wrote:

Does anyone know where the major Canada Post sorting facilities are in Ontario?  I know of the one in Mississauga.

Am trying to figure out the route (and from that, possible delivery time) for a Lettermail item going from Burlington to Burgessville, Ontario.

Canada Post's Mississauga Gateway plant is for sorting parcels.

Assuming no misdirection: Hamilton then London

See table 4 of

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/pg/manual/pgservstds-e.asp?ecid=murl07001056

for "Major Urban Centres" where "Major" for Canada Post means has a sorting facility.

And also check out section 2.4 for lettermail time estimates.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When it comes to Canada Post, there are no routes. Except maybe this one:

Squigly

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

you gave me my laugh for the day petitecroissant550,many thanks.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@garagesalenuts wrote:

Canada Post's Mississauga Gateway plant is for sorting parcels.

Assuming no misdirection: Hamilton then London

See table 4 of

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/pg/manual/pgservstds-e.asp?ecid=murl07001056

for "Major Urban Centres" where "Major" for Canada Post means has a sorting facility.

And also check out section 2.4 for lettermail time estimates.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks! This will be helpful in future.

As for original inquiry, item finally arrived 11 days after mailing. Likely delayed due to Easter shut-down.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply