Has ebay been messing around again?!

Today I received a message from ebay and it contained a msg from a seller in China I have purchased from saying it's been 18 days since they shipped - have I received it.  Of course it always takes a lot longer than that for me to receive from there.  In my messages there was no way to respond to seller about that!  So I had to copy ebay's note and then reply to seller - weird.  This is new that msge from seller goes through ebay now?!

Also, when I go into my name which says how many items bought it usually gives me feedback left for me - for the past few days I can't see that - all I get is javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.NullPointerException.

Does anyone know what's happening - or is this one of ebay's "New Changes" yet again?!    Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I know my computer is old (unlike me Woman LOL) but I know you've all been waiting with bated breath about my dilemma!!!

I thought there were Gremlins or other creatures lurking in computer......but now I know IT'S EBAY AGAIN.  Just a little thing but as I mentioned I couldn't see the feedback I was getting after purchasing doing it the way I've always done it - by clicking on my user name - I've been getting javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.NullPointerException - EXCUSE ME??!!.  Just now instead of clicking on my name, I clicked on the number of items bought and presto I got it.  Good, now you all can sleep soundly tonight!!

Cheers

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I replied to a few messages today and everything was normal.

Have you tried clearing your cache and history lately? I know that is typical advice but it does work every once in a while. 🙂

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, but yes, I replied to someone today.....it was just that weird one from ebay containing a msge from Seller which I couldn't reply without pasting, etc.

Yes, I reg. clear my cache and history.......but still am getting that message - so I can't see feedback left for me - can see my sellers though.  A while back I posted that suddenly I couldnt get into Refinements for a search.  People tried to help, but nothing.  Suddenly it's working.  Strange but true, so maybe I'll be able to see feedback left for me if I wait long enough??!!

Cheers!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I know my computer is old (unlike me Woman LOL) but I know you've all been waiting with bated breath about my dilemma!!!

I thought there were Gremlins or other creatures lurking in computer......but now I know IT'S EBAY AGAIN.  Just a little thing but as I mentioned I couldn't see the feedback I was getting after purchasing doing it the way I've always done it - by clicking on my user name - I've been getting javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.NullPointerException - EXCUSE ME??!!.  Just now instead of clicking on my name, I clicked on the number of items bought and presto I got it.  Good, now you all can sleep soundly tonight!!

Cheers

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@2011limey1 wrote:

Today I received a message from ebay and it contained a msg from a seller in China I have purchased from saying it's been 18 days since they shipped - have I received it.  Of course it always takes a lot longer than that for me to receive from there.  In my messages there was no way to respond to seller about that!  So I had to copy ebay's note and then reply to seller - weird.  This is new that msge from seller goes through ebay now?!

Does anyone know what's happening - or is this one of ebay's "New Changes" yet again?!    Thanks

It sounds as if the message you received was actually some sort of automated follow-up on the part of eBay, with "boilerplate" text that was supposed to appear as if it came directly from the seller. 

Was this a large volume Chinese seller?  There may be some automation options available to those sellers that the rest of us never get to use.  There is so much automation occurring now on eBay it is sometimes hard to keep up with every new wrinkle. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi rose-dee - yes, it was strange, but as you well know, it seems whenever we get on here, especially in the last few months there are so many changes, it's frustrating.  I think from what I see that this particular Chinese seller does have a large volume of sales. Yes, "wrinkles" is a good word for what's happening!  Ah well, keeps us on our toes that's for sure!

Thanks and take care

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

In some cultures wrinkled toes are a turn on.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

LOL  bb - actually I have really nice, unwrinkled toes if I do say so myself.  Now I have to find a culture who finds wrinkles in other parts of my anatomy a turn on!!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply