Possible eBay seller trickerys ??? Item not as described.

Hello, 

I am trying to sell items on Ebay.ca and want to list in US $, but I do not see how to change the selling currency to US $.  How do I change my selling currency from CDN to US $ and confirm that it is in US $?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member

You're probably aware at this point that your question and topic title have nothing to do with each other.  This may confuse people just browsing discussion board topics.

To answer your question, eBay.ca discontinued the option of listing in US dollars some time ago.  If you want to list your item in US dollars,  you'll have to do it on the .com site now rather than on .ca.  Keep in mind that your shipping options will be all American-based so you won't be able to use calculated shipping or specify Canadian carriers unless you're using a service that will allow you to finagle your shipping rates accordingly. 

For what it's worth, if you do list in Canadian dollars, approximate conversions to US dollars will appear on the listing page if viewed on .com, but you probably already know this.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Short answer. Unfortunately, you can no longer list in US funds on dot ca. You would have to create your listings on dot com and use either Flat Rate shipping or build shipping into your selling price.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

For US dollars list on eBay.COM

eBay.CA is Canadian dollars only (since summer of 2017)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Although you are an experienced seller, you should know that eBay puts restrictions on returning and occasional sellers, including the number and value of items they list.

You will also find a Hold on your customer's payments for up to 21 days, although you are still required to ship promptly after payment. You can use the Held funds to buy a Paypal or other shipping label, however, the discounts are not as generous as they were a few years ago.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply