Is there no more email to Customer Service at ebay????

I have been through the so called "help" section and cannot find any access to an email page to contact ebay for assistance? Have they done away with that also??

Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

I BOUGHT A HEART MONITOR ON EBAY I HAVE TRIED A DOZEN TIMES TO PAY MERCHANT THROUGH PAY PAL CAN NOT GET INTO MY ACCOUNT CONTACTED PAY PAL THREE TIMES CHANGED PASSWORD AND SECURITY QUESTIONS STILL CANT PAY MERCHANT I JUST GIVE UP EBAY AND PAYPAL DON

@terri*the*terrible wrote:

Try the "CONTACT US" button on this page.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/index/A.html

ARE YOU A SNOPPER
T WORK FOR ME

Message 41 of 102
latest reply

I cannot find a way to directly message ebay, in customer support, none of the questions and suggestions helps my situation. I have just purchased 8 items at once, sent me to a page saying that it is still processing, 2.5 hours later and counting it still does not show ANY of the things that I've bought at once in my purchase history, yet before then i bought something 10 minutes before everything at once and it went through and shows up in the purchased history. I am not impressed. There's money in my account. I don't want to try and re purchase them too see if that works and ends up double billing e and me having 2 of everything shipped to me...

Message 42 of 102
latest reply

This is absolutely ridiculous. An internet based giant doesnt have any email address for email queries support. My question is very simple to ebay --- I was trying to reach a seller but when I clicked on contact seller -- i got this message --- "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."  "What will I do now to contact seller?????? 

Message 43 of 102
latest reply

There has been a glitch reported in the last few days about some sellers not being able to receive questions. I've just heard of a few U.S. sellers having that problem but hopefully ebay is working on it.

It's also possible that the seller has blocked some buyers from asking questions. For example, if a seller doesn't ship to certain countries, they may decide that they don't want to answer any questions from a buyer in that country. I don't think it is a good idea for sellers to do that but that might not be the problem in your situation.

Message 44 of 102
latest reply

I can reach the seller, but not EBay. The auction said,  'Contact seller for shipping."  I did. The shipper said, "I'll ship USPS." I won the auction. But guess what? The only way I can pay is by accepting Global shipping, which is $45, almost twice what the item cost. USPS would be $16.   There is no way I can contact EBay. I don't want to stiff the seller, it's not his fault, but what can I do?

Message 45 of 102
latest reply

If the item was set up with global shipping then the only way that the seller can invoice you with the usps shipping price is to invoice you through paypal.The seller might not even be aware that the listing was using the gsp.

The seller would have to sign into their paypal account and click on invoice at the top of the page and fill out the invoice referencing the ebay item number.

They can send the invoice to your paypal email address. Since ebay makes it difficult to give email addresses in ebay messages tell the seller that they can get your email address on the 'item sold' email that they would have received from ebay when you bought the item......that's assuming that your ebay email address and paypal email address are the same.

Message 46 of 102
latest reply

Lately I have been using EBay's web site to purchase items just like I do on Amazon.   It seemed like another great on-line shopping option.  Well here's the difference. 

I purchased a product on Amazon which became defective after 2 months.  I sent an E-mail to Amazon and that same day I received a response that a replacement was shipped.  Would I please use the shipping label attached to the E-mail to send the defective item back at no cost to me.

I purchased an item on EBay, from a Chinese vendor.  It took 38 days to reach Canada.  After 2 months it became defective.  I contacted the seller asking for a "good faith" replacement as shipping the product back to China would cost almost as much as it was worth.   This EBay seller offered me a $5.00 credit for a now useless $30. item. 

Could not find a way to contact E-bay by E-mail to request intervention and submit documents supporting my claim.  Once I selected the "contact us" option on EBay's web site I was sent around and around in circles until I finally gave up.  I think that's the plan. 

No more purchases from Ebay!!!!!  

Message 47 of 102
latest reply

Yup... I'm frustrated too... Thought I was alone on this... Till I found all these people looking for help for the same things!!! EBay should just fold as BlackBerry did when they couldn't "help" their customers anymore! I vowed last Christmas (2013, with several hundreds of dollars tied up in "lost shipping" (according to Canada Post (what a chore that was trying to find someone HUMAN to talk to) the sellers did not attach mailing label correctly and items automatically get returned and according to the sellers who would contact me items just lost so wait more) Bull poop that much stuff was "lost" ) to no longer use ebay as my deal hunting sourse... How good is the deal when you...1- don't get the item, 2- can't get sellers to communicate... 3- Forget about the refund and too boot... Ebay help is lost, no... ZERO! Help from any of them!

Ya take my account and shove it! (right up there with my $100's in lost shipping **bleep**!)

Thankx ebay! I just wanted to know one thing your 3 options don't cover (how can a seller add shipping fees after an auction was won? When I bid on item it said free shipping and now bill has shipping fees... I have won the item and now have to pay... Mark my words "I AM NOT PAYING THIS SHIPPING FEE!!!" Also I had no option for phone, chat or email communications... hence the verbal diarrhoea seen here!

So now what? I have contacted seller and surprise surprise... No response!

I have tried to contact ebay and surprise surprise... NADA!!?

I suppose I answeredy question didn't I... Delete delete delete!

Holy **bleep**! These messages are from May 2012!!! I can see ebay has done EF all to help those who keep them in the business! Just great!!!
Message 48 of 102
latest reply

Hahahaha bleep means poop and that's what I wrote... Not sure why some would change to bleep and some would stay the same... Too funny
Message 49 of 102
latest reply

Good morning byoungeh

I noticed this is your first post on these discussion boards.

Welcome!

Maybe you expect too much from eBay.  It is only a venue, nothing else.

If you purchased an item stating "free shipping" to Canada and the seller charges you a shipping charge, simply DO NOT PAY, until the situation is corrected.

What was the listing number?

Message 50 of 102
latest reply

The system is pretty straightforward.

If you don't receive the item within 45 days, open a Dispute and if the seller does not prove delivery or send a full refund, Paypal will refund you and go after the seller for their money.

The Resolution Centre where you can start a Dispute is linked at the bottom of this page.

Canada Post is not involved. Although you seem to be talking about a 2013 purchase there.

Many items that show up on eBaydotCOM as Free Shipping are meant for the US domestic market. It is useful to check the Shipping and Handling tab, because shipping to Canada (or Australia or Belgium or...) will probably be different since the cost of tracked shipping is much higher to outside US borders.

When you make a purchase on eBay, there are two times you are shown the cost of your order, at least one of which will include the cost of shipping. If you don't click to accept, you have not purchased. 

Message 51 of 102
latest reply

Iam having so much difficulty contacting ebay costumer service via email. I want to speak with some one over a dispute with an ebay seller. I have went through eveey option. It just diverts me. I need the email link of some one to help me resolve this issues. I had issues with the seller. I contacted them about info about an item they did not get back to me and made an unpaid case against me. I hardly see how that is fair since I wanted my question answered. The seller was rude and unknoldgeable about the item.
Message 52 of 102
latest reply

I'm not aware of any customer service email address but you can phone by going through the help contact help. But they do seem to give you the runaround before they give out a phone number.

You don't want the item until you have your question answered? Although it is rude of the seller to ignore you, all questions should be asked before the purchase.  As soon as you make the purchase the seller is charged a fee from ebay so if you ask a question and then decide not to buy the item, the seller has to get the fee removed...it can be frustrating.

If you contact ebay and ask them to remove the unpaid item strike they probably will but there is little/nothing that they will do to make the seller answer your question. If you complain about the seller, they may make a note of it in the sellers file but that's all that it will accomplish.

Message 53 of 102
latest reply

there is no more Kalvin and canada gets 1 hour a week

Hello,

Please note that Kalvin is no longer with eBay and that this email address is no longer monitored.

Going forward, if you are experiencing issues with the eBay site or would like to report a problem with a transaction or a bug, please contact eBay Customer Support.

For broader questions, comments and suggestions around the Canadian eBay business, the eBay Canada team is happy to engage with you during the Weekly Board Hour, held every Wednesday from 1 PM to 2 PM Eastern Time.

Thank you

End Quote

After circling customer support for an hour I came here and read this thread and emailed Kalvin as below and got the above response. this is my email. What has become of ebay, I'll be checking my mutual funds and unloading that have their stock.

Hello This is sandy.

No the seller has not responded nor can I progress through your open a case section to actually report that this seller is defrauding me. I am extremely dissapointed that ebay staff like you Kalvin, have advertised products and processed sales from an end supplier who you had already suspended from ebay.

Please email me detailed instructions as to what I am to do from here step by step with url's and phone numbers as the no help and no support pages lead me in circles back to the beginning, if there is a number to phone then email it to me.

This is deeply disturbing that ebay has become so customer unfriendly

Sandy Doleman

4 IN 1 Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 1GB RAM Quad Core 900MHz CPU + Case + Fan+Heatsink

Item no: 151766809171
Sale date: 08/03/15 12:40
Quantity: 1

Message 54 of 102
latest reply

If the seller is no longer a registered member the listing would have been on ebay before the

seller was suspended.  How is the seller defrauding you...have you not received the item or is it not as described?

Are you having problems opening a case because the item is no longer showing in your purchases?

If you want to answer the questions here we might be able to tell you the best way to go.

Or...

You can google ebay's phone number and phone customer service directly.

Or sign into your paypal account, click on help on the bottom of the page and then click on Resolution Center. You should be able to open a claim there.

If the item is not as described, I would suggest that you try the ebay route first because paypal might require you to send the item back at your expense.

Message 55 of 102
latest reply

and what if yo want to discuss an item thats over 60 days old because you've been emailing with the seller and they have told yo twice now they are resending it and since it takes over a month coming from china 60 days easily passes...you just get bounced around without ever even being offered a general email, obviously ebay doesn't want to waste money talking to its customers

Message 56 of 102
latest reply

File a claim wit PayPal for non-receipt.  It is that simple.

Message 57 of 102
latest reply

I tried that route.  Gave me a 'phone number and a PIN number and stated 19 min wait.  I held for almost two hours, still no one picked up.  My cordless 'phone started to discharge so I had to hand up.  So much for that service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 58 of 102
latest reply

Depending on what you choose as the reason for your call, you may get the option to have eBay call you, along with an approximate wait time.  I usually use this if I need to contact eBay, and have never waited longer than expected.

Message 59 of 102
latest reply

If that was on Thursday night they did have system wide problems..including with the call center.

Message 60 of 102
latest reply