No response, order should have been sent already

Hi,

I'm trying to get help regarding an order that I've asked a few weeks ago.

On the purchase history it shows that it haven't been sent yet. I've tried to contact the seller twice, no answer.

I know that the max. delivery date is Dec 30th, but is there a way to contact ebay about it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ebay won't be able to do anything about it at this point.  Even though it has been a few weeks and the item hasn't been marked shipped, you can't open a case here until after the last delivery estimate. However, if you paid through Paypal, you may be able to open an item not received case there.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@nanofive05 

Do you know where your order was being shipped from or the service that you paid for? Delivery time depends a lot on service used and the distance. Items can also take longer when  customs is involved or if paperwork was done incorrectly. And some sellers are not very reliable when it comes to either updating mailing confirmations or responding to emails. There could also be a language barrier at the other end. You can  check their previous feedback for patterns with problems. For now, try to stay patient. Hopefully you hear back soon.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

While eBay will not entertain Disputes until delivery (or until the last estimated delivery date has passed), Paypal allows disputes for 180 days from Payment.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Skip the part about contacting the seller, you've already done that.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

However, if eBay is telling you that the last estimated date for delivery is December 30, you already know that the (overseas?) seller uses a slow and probably untracked shipping service.

Some scammers will do this and then trust that their unhappy customers will forget about the order until it is too late to Dispute. Others will refund immediately on complaint.  Many of these scammers never send anything at all, and keep the money from those who do not Dispute the transaction.

And the majority send the item and it eventually arrives.

Eventually.

In this case, a few days after Christmas.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I just experienced this very same issue from a Top Rated Seller. After purchase I never received confirmation that the item had been shipped. About 7 days after purchase I messaged the seller and also two days prior to the last estimated delivery date. I never received a response from the seller. So, three days after last estimated delivery date I sent an "I did not receive item" request via ebay. 24 hours later I received a refund from the seller but did not receive any explanation from the seller.

I have made purchases from this seller a few years ago with no issue. I never did receive the purchase item. I can only assume it might have been an oversight and was not sent. An attempt at an explanation would have been helpful.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Poor customer service.

Keep in mind that the seller is not required to buy tracking for her shipments. Tracking is expensive (except from USPS) and since the postal system is good at their job, even in these trying times, and most people are honest, many sellers go commando and trust that the shipment will arrive on time and in good shape.

Tracking is a Seller Protection against  unwarranted claims of non-delivery. It has few benefits for the buyer.

But the seller should have given you at least the date of shipment and the service he used. This would give you a better  idea of when the shipment might arrive than the eBay estimated delivery window.

24 hours later I received a refund from the seller but did not receive any explanation from the seller.

It's also possible that the refund came from eBay as a courtesy to you, or that the refund was from eBay and they will now go after the seller for their money.

Both of which are alternate explanations for no communication from the seller: he wasn't involved.

An attempt at an explanation would have been helpful.

Very poor customer management.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 7 of 7
latest reply