What is going on with the new stores subscribtion in Canada?

I thought I may had dreamed about this, but after researching on google (for several minutes, wich is not normal for something so simple) it seems like there really was an announcement made about new ebay stores availble in Canada... They keep pushing the date later and later and later... to the point where I'm really starting to think it will just never happen, or that their announcement was just not true and was made to make us shut up until people forget... From what I can read, it was supposed to be done by the beginning of 2019 (after being reported a first time)... but to this date, we officially are not in the beginning of 2019, we are entering the second half of the year an still I see no annoucements, and finding the slightest information about that matter is really hard...

So does anyone knows what is going on? Did I missed something? Did they just write a check their **s couldnt cash? I'm sure I'm not the only one in the country wondering what's going on; the ebay.com had the "new" categories for a while, I'm trying to understand but I can't figure out why it takes so long to just add an already existing feature on ebay.ca...

Any info on the subject would be great... We have been on standby for so long now, just a head's up from ebay would be the basic respect people deserves after being promised something that has not been delivered more than once...

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is going on with the new stores subscribtion in Canada?

Thanks for the tag @femmefan1946!

Hi @matrat57 - you're correct that we did announce the plan to bring the Starter and Enterprise stores to eBay Canada last year. 

That project is still planned, though I don't have an update on it I'm afraid. 

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Was this the mini or starter Store which is available on dotCOM for $7.95US a month?

tyler@ebay.com

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The starter store is not available yet on ebay.ca -- but then again the higher store fees, the higher listing fees and the higher FVF rates have also not arrived.

-..-

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @femmefan1946!

Hi @matrat57 - you're correct that we did announce the plan to bring the Starter and Enterprise stores to eBay Canada last year. 

That project is still planned, though I don't have an update on it I'm afraid. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes that was what I was talking about... But I think we can say goodbye to that in Canada after what I heard down below the discussion board... 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

where is it stated that all our fees are going up, i have not seen anything on that??

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

what did you hear, or point me to what you are reading, thanks..

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

When the additional store types were added to ebay.COM back in 2018 the monthly fee was pushed up at the same time for the Basic store.  FVF was also raised on eBay.COM for some categories as well. The BIN base listing fee was also pushed up on eBay.COM from 30 cents to 35 cents.

Those changes have not happened on the ebay.CA side -- yet.  I figure those changes will happen when the new store types are finally added.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

good to know, thanks.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply