my store is on Vacation Hide items mode..? can a buyer see new items that i am listing??

i have relisted a few items in anticipation of taking my store out of holiday mode, when the postal situation is resolved, but when i click on a new item i have listed it show's 3 viewed this hour, so are new items listed not included in the hide mode..just wondering..

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

my store is on Vacation Hide items mode..? can a buyer see new items that i am listing??

I do not see any listings.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Those three views are likely part of the mysterious views phenomena that seem to occur within seconds of any new listing going live. It happen to me all the time. I don't expect that people all over the world wait with bated breath for the precise moment I list something new so I expect it's an auto-generated view. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

thanks for the replies.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I am only making drafts, not listing anything while my store is in vacation mode because of Canada Post. I'm not paying for a listing until people can actually see and purchase it. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@rubydapig wrote:

I am only making drafts, not listing anything while my store is in vacation mode because of Canada Post. I'm not paying for a listing until people can actually see and purchase it. 

Be careful with drafts. They can disappear unexpectedly.

If you are using My eBay and are not subscribed to free eBay Selling Manager, you only have 7 drafts and they will replace the oldest one without warning. If you are subscribed to Selling Manager, you can have thousands of drafts.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html

A few things to keep in mind:

• You can save up to 7 drafts at a time in the standard listing tool and up to 20 drafts in the bulk listing tool.

• If you add a draft after reaching the limit, your oldest draft is dropped.

• If more than 30 days go by after you edit a draft, it's dropped.

• You can delete a draft by clicking Delete in the draft list.

I do not have a link for how many drafts Selling Manager can have and how long they can be kept.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply