2013 Fall Seller Updates

Discuss the 2013 Fall Seller Updates here!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: 2013 Fall Seller Updates

While I appreciate the recent advancement of the Feedback System , it still does not address the same old problem of Problem Buyers.

Unless there is a vehicle to give Negative Feedback to Buyers , abuse will continue . A recent New to EBay - Buyer , never paid me , never E-Mailed , never responded to E-Bay Case opening & Ebay closed the case & refunded my Fees without giving the Buyer a Negative Feedback. The Buyer was allowed to continue Buying without repercussion . Negative Feedback should apply to not just Sellers , but Buyers also when the Buyer is truly irresponsible especially when they dont pay !!!

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

@sealsbuyrequest wrote:

A recent New to EBay - Buyer , never paid me , never E-Mailed , never responded to E-Bay Case opening & Ebay closed the case & refunded my Fees without giving the Buyer a Negative Feedback. The Buyer was allowed to continue Buying without repercussion.

If the case was closed, then the buyer received a strike. Most of us have our requirements to block buyers with 2 Unpaid Item Strikes against them within 1 year (12 months). If this buyer already had a strike on his account prior to the one you gave him, then he won't be able to buy from many sellers (including myself). That is a better punishment than a negative feedback in my opinion. Did you include this buyer requirement when you listed your items?

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

EBAY has the most unbelievable amount of disrespect and disregard for Sellers. We cannot ever speak to a reasonable person in Ebay customer service. Common sense and customer service are non-existant. Telephone support is routed to remote foreign country, and that if you are prepared to wait for hours to get the "right" person. Why can we not have EBAY employ Canadians to answer the phones? Just another example of a avarous corporation eking out every little bit of profit from sellers so that Ebay can reap huge profits in the Swiss country where they are based and where they contribute NOTHING to Canadian economy.  Ebay surveys are a waste of time because services to SELLERS NEVER IMPROVE.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

What We NEED To Discuss Is Why The Global Shipping Program Was Created? It 100% Is A Non Existent Made Up Cost Or Tax Disquised As An Import Fee On Top Of The Already High Shipping?? This Is Wrong, You Are FORCING 25 Million Canadians And Millions Of International HONEST Buyer To BOYCOT THose DISHONEST SELLERS And ONLY Do Business With Honest Seller Who Do Not Rip Off Buyers. You Are LOOSING $$$$$$ For The Un Suspecting Seller Who Signs Up - Stop This OUTRAGEOUS HIDDEN TAX !!

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

"Why The Global Shipping Program Was Created?"

Basically, the program was created about a year ago to help American sellers listing on eBay.com and currently shipping domestically only ship outside their borders - to Canada and overseas.

For more information on the program, please take a look at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html (written for the benefits of American sellers)

It is generally detrimental to most Canadian buyers in most instances as it forces payment of consumption taxes (GST/HST/PST) which are often neglected by Canada Customs when parcels come by mail.

On the other hand, it may be advantageous to a few buyers who now have access to goods not previously offered to Canadian buyers by American eBay sellers.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

My thoughts exactly as a Canadian considering this IS Ebay . CA .

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Problems with eBay ???

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

"EVER SINCE THAT DONKEY WHATS HIS NAME TOOK OVER EBAY..."

... sales by eBay sellers have more than doubled!

... revenues for eBay have more than doubled...

... revenues for PayPal have more than doubled...

... shareholders of eBay have seen their shares more than doubled : http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EBAY+Basic+Chart&t=5y

John Donahoe has done the job he was hired to do.  He has done it very well and is well rewarded for his efforts and successes.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Did you file a claim with Canada Post? At least get the insured value-should be covered.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply