About buyers with BAD rating and Feedback 2.0

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
Hi everybody,

As many of you saw in their eBay announcements, Feedback 2.0 is coming soon. This is a new parallel fb system to help buyers sharing their experiences with sellers on eBay.

It doesn't seem that we, sellers, will be able to reply to unfair rating from not patient buyer or buyers who doesn't understand that, for example, it is normal to charge an extra $2.00 to prepare their order. For my part, I sell an item that takes 15 minutes to pack and prepare... And I'm also thinking of removing the possibility for int'l buyers to use SURFACE service (cheap, but takes 4 to 8 weeks) to avoid bad rating because of buyers who doesn't understand that THEY chose the slow service.

And we, sellers, what do we have against buyers with bad reputation ? NOTHING, except the ability to block a buyer ID (totally useless once item is purchased or with last second bidders), and the ability to block buyer with -1, -2 or -3 feedback comments (totally useless, from my point of view).

Paying hundreds of dollars in eBay fees each month, I can't believe that I have no way to block buyers with my own specifications. This is my business and I pay my "rent". Of course, eBay would lost many sales, they probably don't give a damn about seller's vulnerability against weirdos.

I suggest, in exchange of Feedback 2.0, that eBay provides the possibility to sellers to block users by their rating %. Here's example of the simple feature we could use :

BLOCK USERS WITH A RATING OF __% OR LESS

This is a tool I'd use, because we, sellers, are defenseless against buyers with bad reputation. I'm sure everybody here experienced at least once the bad surprise of learning that the one who won or purchased an item has 75% of rating, with many negative fb from other sellers stating : "BEWARE SELLERS!", "BUYER NOT PATIENT", "WHY BLAME ME?" or "YOU SHOULD HAVE EMAILED ME", etc.

We are totally defenseless against these unwelcomed buyers. Our reputations are between their hands for sometimes only a $5 profit on an item! Ebay is forcing me to accept them, earning seller fees with them, while sellers are getting their reputations harmed by unavoidable problematic buyers.

Am I alone ?
Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

tea_past_times
Community Member
Katiusciav, Thank you so much for your post. I enjoyed reading that. Thanks for the sharing of your opinion, and the time you took to write that. Much appreciated. Have a great day!:-D
Message 81 of 97
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
And we, sellers, what do we have against buyers with bad reputation ? NOTHING, except the ability to block a buyer ID (totally useless once item is purchased or with last second bidders), and the ability to block buyer with -1, -2 or -3 feedback comments (totally useless, from my point of view)
To: purse_of_the_legionary
I agree with you 110%. Thanks for you post. Your writing is piece of work!!!:-x
Message 82 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Oh what a beautiful morning... Oh what a beautiful day... Everythings coming up roses....Everythings going my way!!!
Message 83 of 97
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
Do you know in some point I agree with you!
If you believe telling half truths and bending the balance to suit you is the reason you have had any success, you are the one living in lala-land.

We are really leave in lala-land!
Why because of tactics(brain wash) which all companies use to sell their product. Basic question for all: "Why is prices in North America is always like- $9.99 not $10 or $299,999 not $300,000?"
Message 84 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
First 16 detailed feedback in-still 5 stars across the board.
Message 85 of 97
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
tea-i'm noticing that...very impressive man! really, that is. keep doing what you're doing...its obviously working:-)
Kat
Message 86 of 97
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Aw shucks...#16 did you in.

Monique

Message 87 of 97
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
...or was it karma?

Monique

Message 88 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
OMG!! The tips of some of my 5th stars have silvered. What does it mean?! AUUUUUGGHHHHHHH Life is over. Might as well quit Ebay. Boo hoo hoo!!
Message 89 of 97
latest reply

tempting fate 🙂
Message 90 of 97
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
Kat!
tea-i'm noticing that...very impressive man! really, that is. keep doing what you're doing...its obviously working
Working what? What are you try to say about?
Message 91 of 97
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
Are you like him like a man?
Good for you and good luck!!!
Message 92 of 97
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
no vitali...i like you...you know-like a big strong man :-x
Kat
Message 93 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
LMAO
Message 94 of 97
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
Hello, Kat. I don't know if I'm strong! I'm just 185cm and 115kg(no fat).
:-x
Message 95 of 97
latest reply

tek-xpress
Community Member
I was reading this thread about Feedback 2.0 . thanks for all three pages of comments...
Message 96 of 97
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
Hello, . I don't know if I'm strong! I'm just 185cm and 115kg(no fat).

:-x:-)
Kat
Message 97 of 97
latest reply