About buyers with BAD rating and Feedback 2.0

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
Hi everybody,

As many of you saw in their eBay announcements, Feedback 2.0 is coming soon. This is a new parallel fb system to help buyers sharing their experiences with sellers on eBay.

It doesn't seem that we, sellers, will be able to reply to unfair rating from not patient buyer or buyers who doesn't understand that, for example, it is normal to charge an extra $2.00 to prepare their order. For my part, I sell an item that takes 15 minutes to pack and prepare... And I'm also thinking of removing the possibility for int'l buyers to use SURFACE service (cheap, but takes 4 to 8 weeks) to avoid bad rating because of buyers who doesn't understand that THEY chose the slow service.

And we, sellers, what do we have against buyers with bad reputation ? NOTHING, except the ability to block a buyer ID (totally useless once item is purchased or with last second bidders), and the ability to block buyer with -1, -2 or -3 feedback comments (totally useless, from my point of view).

Paying hundreds of dollars in eBay fees each month, I can't believe that I have no way to block buyers with my own specifications. This is my business and I pay my "rent". Of course, eBay would lost many sales, they probably don't give a damn about seller's vulnerability against weirdos.

I suggest, in exchange of Feedback 2.0, that eBay provides the possibility to sellers to block users by their rating %. Here's example of the simple feature we could use :

BLOCK USERS WITH A RATING OF __% OR LESS

This is a tool I'd use, because we, sellers, are defenseless against buyers with bad reputation. I'm sure everybody here experienced at least once the bad surprise of learning that the one who won or purchased an item has 75% of rating, with many negative fb from other sellers stating : "BEWARE SELLERS!", "BUYER NOT PATIENT", "WHY BLAME ME?" or "YOU SHOULD HAVE EMAILED ME", etc.

We are totally defenseless against these unwelcomed buyers. Our reputations are between their hands for sometimes only a $5 profit on an item! Ebay is forcing me to accept them, earning seller fees with them, while sellers are getting their reputations harmed by unavoidable problematic buyers.

Am I alone ?
Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

tea_past_times
Community Member
Thanks Bill - we just knew you would come back.;-)
Message 41 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Bill is wrong
Message 42 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Bill Sputters
Message 43 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Bye Bill
Message 44 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
🙂
Message 45 of 97
latest reply

I think Monique nailed it.

Maybe there's lead paint on those figurines and cups and saucers ...
Message 46 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Just got 3 feedback comments from Australia:

Item as described,well packaged, quick post,Thankyou
Item as described,well packaged, quick post,Thankyou
Very quick response time,Excellent Ebayer

Again, I stand by my advice. Got feedback problems because of poor shipping times - follow my advice and watch them disappear - The proof is in the pudding as they say - EH BILL
Message 47 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
And I don't yet feel haunted.....
Message 48 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Cause happy customers don't haunt ya!!
Message 49 of 97
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
tea_past_times
You asked for opinions, well here's mine.
If you feel that what you're doing is right well by all means continue doing it. You must think all your buyers are idiots because you treat them that way. The fact that you feel your buyers are idiots you probably feel that way about everyone. You seem to have a habit of "stretching the truth". You mentioned your 3 feedbacks from Australia giving the impression that it was 3 different buyers when it was just 1 satisfied buyer. I have many satisfied buyers commenting on my speedy delivery. the difference is that I give them straight answers. I don't treat them like they're stupid. Unfortunately I wouldn't take any advice from someone who treats his buyers like you do because you would treat me or anyone else the same way. It says a lot about your character (or lack of). I hope you don't have any kids because they usually learn by the example of their parents. Your methods may work now but it doesn't mean that they are right!
Message 50 of 97
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Hmmm... let's see...

tea_past_times

Experienced Powersellers that say you are wrong = 4
Dishonest Powersellers that say you are right = 1

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 51 of 97
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
You can add me to the "wrong" list Bill...I just can't be bothered telling him why I think he's wrong...it's not worth my time or energy. :)
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 52 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
HE WHO STICKS HIS HEAD ABOVE THE CROWD OFTEN GETS PELTED BY TOMATOES - BUT THERE SURE IS GREAT MONEY IN KETCHUP!!
Message 53 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
No one besides myself has posted anything even remotely helpful to sellers on this thread. Just a bunch of Self-righteous know it alls. As usual, which is why I seldom bother with the chat boards. Well back to making money....
Message 54 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
I will simply continue to read the threads without posting and laugh at how stupid and naive some whiny sellers are.
Message 55 of 97
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
A lot of people believed there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, my point is just because a lot of people think they are right or even just 4 Powersellers, doesn't make it so. My feedback proves that what I said was true. Aleroo just being insulting because he's insecure.
Message 56 of 97
latest reply

Good.
Message 57 of 97
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Amen

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 58 of 97
latest reply

celticstudio
Community Member
I can't believe I read this whole thread! What a bunch of drivel! I have learned many things from treasure-pots posting over the last few months, as well as whoscloset. I am with you Bill, but quit letting tea-pot push your buttons. When I had a teenager, it was the hardest thing in the world not to respond when she acted out.

Terra
Celtic Studio
Message 59 of 97
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Thanks Terra... once I have determined that a poster is a troll I'm pretty well able to turn them off. Your kind words are appreciated.

Cheers!

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 60 of 97
latest reply